• Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: asking for help

Why don't you put a paragraph of your writing up so people can have a look at it and make some comments and offer help?

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: asking for help

thanks so much to your attention and my paragraph concerning the speech of reading is more interesting than watching tv.

concerning reading is consider as a way to acquire an information from sorts of knowledge books.there was many advantages of the reading,such as,improve the level of the reader in writing and speaking.avoid you to waste your time by doing some things is not interesting,bring up the habit to be curious to read any thing is new.meanwhile watching tv which is only a cause of destroying the skills of thinking and giving comments about it.

so sorry if it is long

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: asking for help

Your English is amazing! It needs a lot of work. Wrong tenses, parts of speech, punctuation. It's just a quaint jumble of poorly constructed statements. I wonder where you are learning. Do you actually have a teacher or are you trying to learn by yourself??

Post Thanks / Like

ok newbie.I DONT KNOW HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT!AND IF YOU WANT TO HELP,THAT MUST BE BY POSSITIVE POINT NOT THE OPPOSITE AND NO ONE COULD BE SKILLFUL FROM THE FIRST STEP REMEMBER THAT.SO,IF YOU THINK YOU ARE A TEACHER SHOW ME HOW CAN YOU CORRECT MY MISTAKE

TAKE CARE

Tdol is online now Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's take this a bit at a time.

concerning reading is consider as a way to acquire an information from sorts of knowledge books.

Firstly, use capital letters at the start of a sentence- it makes it easier for the reader.
    Now, let's look at the first phrase- conserning reading is consider
    What function does 'concerning' have there? We know the writing's about this subject, so we can delete it:
    Reading is consider
    This should be the past participle:
    Reading is considered as a way to acquire an information from sorts of knowledge books.
    Now, what else needs changing?
    as we don't need it here
    an information information has no plural and never uses 'an'
    sorts this needs a modifier, let's try 'many'
    knowledge books this phrase doesn't work, so

Reading is considered a way to acquire information from books and other sources.
    Now, we have a correct sentence in terms of language, but is it true? We can read for many different purposes- I read a newspaper for information, but I read a comic for fun.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: asking for help

sorry but I couldn t see and read all those stuff and without saying anything...
    souna we are here to learn ,we should be open to be hear what others think of us;because as we speak or even write ,we may make some mistakes;and it s up to others to make us aware of those mistakes;so a little tip is try to be open and willing to hear what others think of your abilities on general;and it s up to you to choose and decide whether they are true or not...
    I hope that you understand what I meant to say...

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: asking for help

Hi souna, why don't you take into consideration the explanations and corrections Tdol gave you and rewrite your paragraph or even try to think about a knew topic (write about yourself, for exemple).
    Just keep on reading books and english newspapers so that your english gets improved.
    Good luck

Ouisch is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Remember, we are all here for the same reason: to learn, and to gradually improve our English. Everyone starts at a different level, and everyone learns at their own pace. Sometimes typed messages appear harsher than they were intended to be, as we can't hear the tone of voice or the facial expression. The best thing for all of us, though, is to be patient with one another, and to offer assistance whenever possible.

Red5 is offline Webmaster, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by keltouma_H View Post
    rewrite your paragraph or even try to think about a knew topic (write about yourself, for exemple).
    Good idea.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast