• Native Language:
      • Vietnamese
      • Home Country:
      • Vietnam
      • Current Location:
      • Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

Question how to teach vocabulary effectivelly

hi all, I am wondering to looking for an effective method in teaching vocabulary so as the students don't feel it is a boring lesson.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: how to teach vocabulary effectivelly

I think it would be fun if you make it a game. Like scrabble, crossword puzzle, and many more.

http://world4.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=47042087

BIYING is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

i rememberd one of my english teachers asked us to learned and rememberd new english words in this way:
    first, my teacher made a story with the new words we had to learn today(it is one story, i mean if today you want to teach the student ten new words, then you can make one story with these ten new words. of course, if it is possible, you'd better let these words be the key-words in the story). then, on the next class, my teacher called two students in the front of the class. one student(A) backed to the class when another(B) faced the class. the teacher would show B a word that was learned last time, then B would use his own words to describe the word until A got it exactly.
    this method is really a little takes time, but , as far as to me, it is really effective.
    regards!
    BIYING

Nguyen Tuyet is offline Junior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Vietnamese
      • Home Country:
      • Vietnam
      • Current Location:
      • Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks all for your suggestions.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Vietnamese
      • Home Country:
      • Vietnam
      • Current Location:
      • Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BIYING View Post
    i rememberd one of my english teachers asked us to learned and rememberd new english words in this way:
    first, my teacher made a story with the new words we had to learn today(it is one story, i mean if today you want to teach the student ten new words, then you can make one story with these ten new words. of course, if it is possible, you'd better let these words be the key-words in the story). then, on the next class, my teacher called two students in the front of the class. one student(A) backed to the class when another(B) faced the class. the teacher would show B a word that was learned last time, then B would use his own words to describe the word until A got it exactly.
    this method is really a little takes time, but , as far as to me, it is really effective.
    regards!
    BIYING
    I think it is great ideal, but to do like that i think it depends on the level of students and timing is a problem. because in my country each period last only 45 minutes..so....

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Vietnamese
      • Home Country:
      • Vietnam
      • Current Location:
      • Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hlbert03 View Post
    I think it would be fun if you make it a game. Like scrabble, crossword puzzle, and many more.

http://world4.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=47042087
    Thanks for your website. It is really interesting. In my school also make some game to teach vocabulary, but it occurs a trouble that, when I teach english in this class, and my nextdoor class, the students are learning maths, science, geography, physics, as you know when students study by playing some games may cause many noise..hic hic...and the principal will ask me "why do you let your students make too much noise in yourlesson"" so....what can I do, when headmester get angry...because he doesn't know that playing a game it is a one of the ways to learn english effectively.