Post Thanks / Like

how to improve written english

I'm spanish language speaker as you know in spanish language most of the time you can write what you pronaunce, in english what you pronauance and write is i can say always is quite different. this is my main provlem so i'm looking for some body who can give me advise in this regared.

I thank you!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: how to improve written english

it is calling orthography
    You must learn how to write before You do this

Nguyen Tuyet is offline Junior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Vietnamese
      • Home Country:
      • Vietnam
      • Current Location:
      • Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

To write english succesfully you have good grammar and vocabulary. The way you use the structures also play an important role. First you had better not long for a perfect paragraph or perfect essay. You try to write whatever you like such as your friends, your family, your dairly, your school..etc..write as much as possible.It will help you to have good habbit in writing.Then day by day your writing will be better and you can write as you expect.hi`hi`

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.englishclub.com/esl-articles/199909.htm
    http://www.spelling.org/free/Ghoti.htm

These a couple of good places to start answering what I belive is your question. Unfortunately, there really is no good short answer. English language orthography is difficult for anyone relying purely upon phonetics. Fortunately, once you've learned to identify a handful of the most common difficult ones, they remain pretty consistent from that point foreward.

Since the most famous comment regarding this was made by George Bernard Shaw, it turns out that a good place to start your research on this is to use
    Google to combine the word fish and the spelling ghoti in the same search.
    You'll get many pages of information on how best to deal with this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nguyen Tuyet View Post
    To write english succesfully you have good grammar and vocabulary. The way you use the structures also play an important role. First you had better not long for a perfect paragraph or perfect essay. You try to write whatever you like such as your friends, your family, your dairly, your school..etc..write as much as possible.It will help you to have good habbit in writing.Then day by day your writing will be better and you can write as you expect.hi`hi`
    Thank you very much for your valuable & constuctive comment, really it inspired me to overcome my difficulties in the near future. the key point that you have told me is I should try to write letters to some body frequently but I've no body to practice writing in english language because in my country we are not using this language in most of our daily activity,so would you please advice me whow to get pane/pal any where in the globe to exchang ideas & on the way overcome my language problems

with best regards!
    r

Nguyen Tuyet is offline Junior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Vietnamese
      • Home Country:
      • Vietnam
      • Current Location:
      • Vietnam
    Post Thanks / Like

sure, but i think in this forum you may search for some penpal to practise english. If you really want to improve your writing i am sure that many members in this forum will be pleasure to help you.
    Last edited by Nguyen Tuyet; 28-Sep-2006 at 07:34.