- For Teachers
Do you understand the following translations? Which ones you don't understand? Please send me the numbers.
1. middle-level/middle ranking cadres
2. middle peasant
3. the Mid-autumn Festival
4. the Central Working Conference
5. central organs/institutions
6. the Central Commission for Discipline Inspection
7. department under the Party Central Committee
8. alternate member of the Central Committee ( of the Chinese Communist Party)
9. secondary specialized school
10. key school, institute, or university
11. the patriotic united front
12. the patriotic health campaign
13. distribution according to need
14. registered permanent residence
15. (permanent) residence booklet
16. head of a household
Thank you in advance.
Last edited by jiang; 22-Dec-2006 at 12:41.
I am sorry I didn't explain my purpose clearly. What I'd like to know is whether the translations are idiomatic or not. Could you please common on them?
Originally Posted by tdol
I have no idea about number two- we don't use the word peasant, much less categorise them.
6- I don't see what a Discipline inspector does.
7- I don't know the structure,so it makes little sense to me.;-(