Thread: Help-article

petr is offline Junior Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Help-article

I´d like to ask if you can correct my article, please.
    Thanks in advance

Experience thrilling journey
    Have you ever yearned after visiting any amazing part of the world which aren´t spoilted by tourists? Now, you have a fantastic opportunity to fullfil your dreams. You´ll only have to become volunteer of the organisation called International Conservati Volunteer as I did last year. I´d like to show you my own experience so that you´ll know what to expect before you´ll take part in a three-month voluntary post.
    Firstly, I think it was one of the greatest adventure that I ´ve ever spent.. I worked as a teacher of mathematics and physics in a small town in Bostwana. When I arrived there I was so surprised that most of local people was trying to help me with almost everything that I needed. That´s why it wasn´t problem to find something to eat or drink for me. I stayed at a family house of a local teacher Tom and I was accepted like a real member of his family. It was useful because I could see their ordinary way of life and interesting african culture . My job took me about five hours a day but I really liked it, especially my classes. One of many things that I trully appreciate was a real interest of young students in various subjects that they learn. It was obvious that they enjoy it and study hard which isn´t so common in European schools. Moreover, I fancy helping to these lovely children who has to live in one of the poorest parts of the world. I hoped I could change their fate and they´ll have happy lives in the future. Maybe, it was only a dream but it´s worth a try.
    So do you seek meaning in your life? It surely is an alternative how you can fully spent your time being excited. Try it and you´ll talk about nothing else all day. Trust me, it´s your great chance. Don´t hesitate and apply immediately !

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help-article

Quote Originally Posted by petr View Post
    I´d like to ask if you can correct my article, please.
    Thanks in advance

Experience thrilling journey
    Have you ever yearned after visiting any amazing parts of the world which aren´t spoilted by tourists? Now, you have a fantastic opportunity to fullfil your dreams. You´ll only have to become a volunteer of the organisation called International Conservati Volunteer as I did last year. I´d like to show you my own experience so that youknow what to expect before you
    take part in a three-month voluntary post.
    Firstly, I think it was one of the greatest adventures that I ´ve ever had. I worked as a teacher of mathematics and physics in a small town in Bostwana. When I arrived there I was so surprised that most of local people were trying to help me with almost everything that I needed. That´s why it wasn´t a problem to find something to eat or drink for me. I stayed at a family house of a local teacher Tom and I was received like a real member of his family. It was useful because I could see their ordinary way of life and interesting African culture . My job took me about five hours a day but I really liked it, especially my classes. One of many things that I trully appreciate was a real interest of young students in various subjects that they learn. It was obvious that they enjoyed it and studied hard which isn´t so common in European schools. Moreover, I enjoy helping _ these lovely children who have to live in one of the poorest parts of the world. I hoped I could change their fate and they had happy lives in the future. Maybe, it was only a dream but was worth a try.
    So do you seek meaning in your life? It surely is a way to make your life more exciting. Try it and you´ll talk about nothing else all day. Trust me, it´s your great chance. Don´t hesitate and apply immediately !
    Hi Petr,
    I've made some corrections, but not being a native speaker I can't guarantee everything is perfect.
    Cheers

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help-article

yearn- I weould say yearned to..
    spoilted- spoiled/spoilt
    You´ll only have- You only have to
    youknow= you know
    When I arrived there- When I arrived there,
    surprised that most of local people were trying- I was surprised by the way most people tried to help...
    trully appreciate- truly appreciated
    a real interest of young- the
    they had happy lives- and that they would have