Post Thanks / Like

Default some questions about the following article

Hi, I would like to ask some questions about the following article from BBC:
    "From Advent Sunday, four weeks before Christmas, we go into Christmas gear - and all sorts of people come and celebrate Christmas with us; and really for those four weeks, we'll be full one, two, three times a day with people coming to celebrate Christmas in preparation for this event, and I think, that says there's a tremendous longing to find the heart of the story in the story of Jesus, and the search for God come among us - I really think there's a strong longing for that. So it's not all Glory to God in the high street, and there's a much deeper longing for something substantial, and we know that you can't buy it, but we do want it."
    Is the sentence "and I think, that says there's a tremendous longing to find the heart of the story in the story of Jesus, and the search for God come among us - I really think there's a strong longing for that." Is the sentence grammatically wrong? If wrong, how to correct it? If correct, why is it correct? I think the sentence "the search for God come among us" is strangely put in here.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: some questions about the following article

First of all, this seems like an excerpt from an interview, which would justify why the speech seems somewhat informal. But regarding the sentence you mentioned, I find it perfectly grammatical.

I guess what troubles you is the way "come" is used. It's just the past participle

"and I think, that says there's a tremendous longing to find the heart of the story in the story of Jesus, and the search for God come among us - I really think there's a strong longing for that."

It's like the phrase "We're in bad shape, come to think of it, and we need help"