Post Thanks / Like

Default the weekend (could you please check the text)

Could you please check the text below? Also, maybe it would be interesting for someone to read a tiny story about my weekend :)

Thank you!!!

I've spend Saturday on doing shopping. I've been looking for useful things that I needed but have found an irritation and small part of the things I needed. I hate shopping or just know nothing about right way to do it. Nevertheless, I bought some useful things. One of them is a pair of DVD disks with "Sex and the city" serial. It has English audio and subtitles.

Sunday was more interesting. I got a ride. I did it not because of big desire but because I need some an exercise and bike is easiest one for me. I achieved a small goal - I climbed a hill that I had wanted to conquer for a long time. It doesn't look steep but I tried a couple of times with no success. When I've been thinking about the ride during the week I liked also take photos but yesterday weather was so... gray, dark and wet that there was a small chance to find something that worth to be captured and a bigger chance to wet the camera. So, no photos.

Also, I visited my friends. We gathered together in order to view our photos that we took in Khibiny and to listen story about the trip that was written by one us. It is usual thing when a group that have done some hike gather some time later to exchange photos, stories and recall some parts of the trip. This time, I did my trip alone but last night in Khibiny I meet the guys. It was quite unusual to meet each other so far from home and this group fills like I was a part of the group and it was natural to be invited to this meeting. My photos turned out more colorful than their :)

--------------
    I think, you may wonder what Khibiny is. So, here is the link - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khibiny_Mountains
    Last edited by dzmitry; 12-Oct-2006 at 08:43.

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: the weekend (could you please check the text)

Comments, corrections and suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by dzmitry View Post
    I've spend Saturday on doing shopping.
    I spent Saturday shopping.

I've been looking for useful things that I needed but have found an irritation and small part of the things I needed.
    I loooked for some things that I needed, but I wound up feeling annoyed and frustrated after finding only a few of the things that I needed.

I hate shopping or just know nothing about right way to do it.
    I hate shopping. I'm not very good at it, and I don't enjoy it.

Sunday was more interesting. I got a ride. I did it not because of big desire but because I need some an exercise and bike is easiest one for me.
    Sunday was more interesting. I rode my bike. I did it not so much for the enjoyment but because I need the exercise.

I achieved a small goal - I climbed a hill that I had wanted to conquer for a long time. It doesn't look steep but I tried a couple of times with no success.
    I achieved a small goal. I climbed a hill that I had wanted to conquer for a long time. The hill doesn't look steep, but I had tried it a couple of times with no success.

What do you think?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: the weekend (could you please check the text)

Quote Originally Posted by RonBee View Post
    What do you think?

I think that I appreciate your help
    I see that sometimes I make strange mistakes but more often mistakes appears due to my trying to make "my style". Maybe my English is too much affected by my way of thinking in Russian.
    Thank you!