1. guest

Talking Any brainstorming answer to my doubt?

orginal text:This operation helps you to identify a 2M link and check whether the 2M link is properly connected. 2M link identification is a procedure defined in V5 protocol. With this procedure, both sides of the interface can authenticate the link ID of each other to check whether the 2M link is properly connected.

Edited:
    A 2M link identification procedure is defined in the V5 protocol. With this procedure, both sides of an interface can authenticate the link ID f each other to check whether the 2Mlink is properly connected.
    The sentence (this operation helps you to identify a 2M link and check whether the 2Mlink is properly connected) can be deleted.

Reviewed:
    Here the topic is the procedure to identify a 2M link and hence I feel that has to come in the beginning. The suggested rephrase is a bit away from the title of the page. In the Help pages the title should directly reflect the contents that follows:
    “This procedure helps in authenticating the link IDs on both sides of the interface to check whether the 2M link is properly connected..

which is better ( the edited version or the reviewed version) if so explanation plz

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any brainstorming answer to my doubt?

Quote Originally Posted by guest View Post
    orginal text:This operation helps you to identify a 2M link and check whether the 2M link is properly connected. 2M link identification is a procedure defined in V5 protocol. With this procedure, both sides of the interface can authenticate the link ID of each other to check whether the 2M link is properly connected.

Edited:
    A 2M link identification procedure is defined in the V5 protocol. With this procedure, both sides of an interface can authenticate the link ID f each other to check whether the 2Mlink is properly connected.
    The sentence (this operation helps you to identify a 2M link and check whether the 2Mlink is properly connected) can be deleted.

Reviewed:
    Here the topic is the procedure to identify a 2M link and hence I feel that has to come in the beginning. The suggested rephrase is a bit away from the title of the page. In the Help pages the title should directly reflect the contents that follows:
    “This procedure helps in authenticating the link IDs on both sides of the interface to check whether the 2M link is properly connected..

which is better ( the edited version or the reviewed version) if so explanation plz
    I would need more information about the help page and table of contents to answer this. I do think that the reviewer has a point.