Hanka is offline Senior Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default "deliver" and "convergence"

Hello,

could you please explain the meaning of the expressions "deliver" and "convergence" in the following sentence concerning amendments in public procurement directives:

The wording "preliminary definition" implies that the participants deliver the awarding authority´s requirements in their proposals (convergence solution - needs).

Thank you very much.

Hanka

MikeNewYork is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: "deliver" and "convergence"

Quote Originally Posted by Hanka View Post
    Hello,

could you please explain the meaning of the expressions "deliver" and "convergence" in the following sentence concerning amendments in public procurement directives:

The wording "preliminary definition" implies that the participants deliver the awarding authority´s requirements in their proposals (convergence solution - needs).

Thank you very much.

Hanka
    I'm not sure that "deliver" is the correct word. This seems to be a situation in which individuals/companies are competing for the rights to do something. They are submitting proposals to some decision-making authority. The authority has detailed some requirements that must be satisfied/fulfilled/met.
    Unless the context suggests otherwise, I think satisfy/fulfill/meet would all be better choices.

I don't know what "convergence" means there. It may be a label for the type of clause that precedes it. If that is true, then "convergence" means "meeting" and it refers to a clause about "meeting requirements", but that is all a guess on my part.