help would be appreciated with the following ones below:
1) a) If she meet him, she will tell him the news.
b) If she meets him, she will tell him the news.
which is correct, a or b?
How does one correctly know whether it should be meet or meets?
What is the grammar rule behind it?
2) a) I should go at once, if I have been with you.
b) I should go at once, if I am with you.
a or b? reason?
3) a) If you had been speaking english here, no one would understand.
b) If you speak english here, no one would understand.
a or b?
4) a) if the bridge had broken down, we would fall in the river.
b) if the bridge breaks down, we would fall in the river.
a or b?
1) ..............., Tim, I hope 2 c u soon (good bye)
2) Fergus is ....................... (careful in small matters but careless in larger matters)
have a pleasant day.