Thread: Plese check

sujiksnair is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Plese check

Subject: Salary Increment

Dear Sir,
    I have been employed here as a designer since 3rd April 2005 . During this time I have discharged my duties to the best of my abilities. I have been sincerely dedicated and have constantly worked hard. I have been committed to my job, and have sought to achieve management's objectives.

However, I have not received any salary increment, bonus. So, I now request you to consider my case to revise my salary to at least AED****. I humbly request you to look on my request and do the needful.

Anticipating favorable replay

Thanking you,
    sks
    Last edited by sujiksnair; 25-Oct-2006 at 09:33.

curmudgeon is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Retired English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Plese check

Quote Originally Posted by sujiksnair View Post
    Subject: Salary Increment
    Dear Sir,
    I have been working for about 20 months in our esteemed organization as an Auto cad draughtsman. During this time I have discharged my duties to the best of my abilities. I have been sincerely dedicated and have constantly worked hard. I have been committed to my job, and have sought to achieve management's objectives.
    However, I have not received any salary increment, bonus. So, I now request you to consider my case to revise my salary to at least AED 3500. I humbly request you to look on my request and do the needful.
    Anticipating favorable replay
    Thanking you,
    sks

Better to be precise about your start date, 'about 20 months' is vague and might give the recipient the impression that your not too sure! So better to say I have been employed here as a AC draughtsman since (date). Then go on to elaborate your achievements, such as In that time I have always met targets and deadlines, been punctual and had a good attendance record (hopefully!) Then outline your commitment and aspirations for the future for yourself and the company. If you have had regular meetings with your supervisor then you should mention that and that there have been no adverse issues with your work (again hopefully!)
    Then say you feel it would be helpful if you could meet with the recipient to discuss your role and explore areas of opportunity that may be available. When you get to the meeting be positive and receptive. Thats when you ask for the rise.

If I got your letter I would probably ignore it. Hope this helps

sujiksnair is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Plese check

thanks for the replay