Post Thanks / Like

Default Motivation letter PLZ help urgent

Hi,

I am new to this forum. I would like some help. I am applying for a sponsorship program at work, to broaden my knowledge, and to help me to in applying for promotiom into management.
    I need to write a motivation letter to explain why I want to go on the course, and how the course will benefit my current job and career within my company.

I do not really know from where to start. Can somebody give me some tips? or an example ?

Thank you in advance for your assistance

Sam

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Motivation letter PLZ help urgent

Say you want to broaden your knowledge of your field so you can contribute more at work. Say you want to become a more valuable employee. Say you want to be able to contribute more to the team. Say you are interested in furthering your career.

~R

Post Thanks / Like

HI
    iI came up with a couple of paragraphs can anyone tell me if i am in the right path thanks. I am a bit worried that i am repeating myself.

My motivations:

To further my career aspirations of becoming part of a management team, I want to obtain a formal qualification in front line Management. I have the drive, determination and energy to succeed I am willing to commit to the time and dedication needed to complete the course.
    I believe that a manager must have a solid understanding, supported by a strong academic foundation of how manage and lead a team through challenging times.

Benefits to my self and the company:

As a result, my communication and team building skills will be enhanced. It will improve my career prospects within (company) and the opportunity to diversify within the company. Having this knowledge will allow me to better participate in achieving (company) targets. I will obtain great personal satisfaction by achieving one of my goals becoming a manager

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sam_ccld View Post
    HI
    iI came up with a couple of paragraphs can anyone tell me if i am in the right path thanks. I am a bit worried that i am repeating myself.
    I came up with a couple of paragraphs. can anyone tell me if I am on the right path? Thanks. I am a bit worried that I am repeating myself.
    One thing for you to keep in mind is that those in the position to make decisions about promotions are more than anything else interested in what you can do for the company.

My motivations:

To further my career aspirations of becoming part of a management team, I want to obtain a formal qualification in front line Management. I have the drive, determination and energy to succeed I am willing to commit to the time and dedication needed to complete the course.
    I believe that a manager must have a solid understanding, supported by a strong academic foundation of how manage and lead a team through challenging times.
    To further my goal of becoming a part of management, I want to obtain the academic qualifications needed to become part of the management team. I have the drive, determination and energy to succeed. I am willing to commit the time and energy needed to successfully complete the course. I believe that a manager must have a solid understanding of how to manage and lead a team through challenging times.
    Benefits to my self and the company:

As a result, my communication and team building skills will be enhanced. It will improve my career prospects within (company) and the opportunity to diversify within the company. Having this knowledge will allow me to better participate in achieving (company) targets. I will obtain great personal satisfaction by achieving one of my goals becoming a manager
    As a result of taking the course, my communications skills and team-building skills will be enhanced. I will be a more valuable member of the team. Having the knowledge gained will help me to do a better job of helping the company achieve its goals.

Make the focus what you can and will do for the company--not you personally. Understandably, you are interested in your job satisfaction. However, the company is not particulary interested in that. Instead, they are more interested in what you can do for them. Make that your focus.

~R