• Post Thanks / Like

cloze - please look over

Dear all,

would you please look over my cloze? There is one word which I have no idea what it could be.

Secondly I would very glad if you can correct the punctation. Only full stops were given and I have to complete it.

Thanks a lot in advance

The Interview Techniques to improve selection procedures

The interview is the most common method by which companies make decisions on offering jobs. By following one or two simple guidelines and with careful preparation, the interview can often proved to be less of an ___________ than anticipated. The interview is the candidates chance to create a lasting impression to the interviewer and in order to ensure that this impression is a positive one, preparation is required. Most interviewers will follow the same basic format: questions from the interviewer aimed the establishing your ability and suitability for the job. The interviewer will then tell you in more detail about the job and the company; you will be invited to ask questions. The interviewer will inform you what is to happen next. The importance of making the right first impression cannot be overstated - the interviewer opinion of you will start forming the moment you arrive. Punctuality is very important, better to be 10 minutes early than 10 minutes late! A positive attitude is very important even you have doubts about the job. It is very easy to declaim the position once a job has been offered but not easy to retrieve an interview after certainly realising that it is exactly the job you were looking for!

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: cloze - please look over

The Interview Techniques to improve selection procedures

The interview is the commonest method by which companies make decisions about selecting staff. By following one or two simple guidelines and with careful preparation, the interview can often prove to be less of an ordeal than anticipated. The interview is the candidate's chance to create a lasting impression on the interviewer and, in order to ensure that this impression is a positive one, preparation is required. Most interviewers will follow the same basic format. The interviewer will start with questions aimed at establishing your ability and suitability for the job, and will then tell you in more detail about the job and the company. You will be invited to ask questions. The interviewer will inform you what is to happen next. The importance of making the right first impression cannot be overstated - the interviewer's opinion of you will start forming the moment you arrive. Punctuality is very important - better to be 10 minutes early than 10 minutes late! A positive attitude is very important even you have doubts about the job. It is very easy to decline the position once a job has been offered but not easy to retrieve an interview after realising that it was exactly the job you were looking for![/quote]

Hope this is what you are looking for, though the text is a bit off topic for the title which appears aimed at the employer, rather than the candidate. NB I would also mention that you should be neatly dressed for a first interview, and that you should have done some research about the company before the interview.

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: cloze - please look over

Thank you very much for your corrections (and in finding my missing word )

Best wishes,
    Dany