Raiph is offline Junior Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Please check my writing

Scenario Planning for Ambitious College Students
    In September, I was assigned to welcome the freshmen and help them to adapt themselves to the campus life. It is not a tough and challenging job though, I have a chance to be face to face with the new students and communicate with them. Compared with some junior and senior, they appear to be more energetic, vigorous and ambitious .The moment when I saw them really bring me back to my first year in university.
    However, I canít help wondering how long will their ambition and eagerness last after they come to realize the difficulties in study. Is it just a nine-day wonder? According to my experience, the number of freshmen who have decided to further their study in graduate school is cut down to half in grade two, and the number is going to be in decline with the passing year. Finally perhaps only 2% of them can realize their dreams. So why can these 2% students persist in their efforts. In my opinion , because they have their own scenario plan.
    According to a survey conducted by my college, it shows that the students who want to get master degree account for 45.5%, and what comes next is gong abroad for further study. No matter which one youíll choose or on the contrary youíll pick neither of them as your future, professional competence undoubtedly take an important part. Make sure enough time should be spent on your major study to ensure you are able to master it. Not only take in the knowledge from the textbook , but make yourself keep up with the latest information on your major by reading news papers or magazines . And once youíve the goal, you should prepare for it as soon as possible. The earlier you get ready, the greater chance youíll stand. Bear it in mind that donít swing your decisions from time to time, it is a waste of time and youíll be in vain at last.
    Besides study, weíre also demanded of good communication skill. Different form middle school, university is regarded as a minimized society which emphasizes a high degree of cooperation. Weíre expected to meet various people every day . We must learn how to build up our social network and make it useful for us. Students can start practicing the communication skill with their dormitories . At the beginning one may find it hard to live in a harmonious way with his(her) roommates . Take it easy. It takes one time to get to know a person before becoming friends . Gradually, youíll learn how to communicate with others.
    I dare say the advice I give above is not a perfect norm. Any one of them you think is not suitable for you, can be completely dismissed . You can make out a plan of your own . But remember as a ambitious students donít consider yourself as a bigwig as if you have an advantage over others and yet donít look down upon yourself as nobody.
    We , ambitious college students , can make our way in the four years.

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Please check my writing

Quote Originally Posted by Raiph View Post
    Reformatting:

In September, I was assigned to welcome the freshmen and help them to adapt themselves to the campus life. It is not a tough and challenging job though, I have a chance to be face to face with the new students and communicate with them. Compared with some junior and senior, they appear to be more energetic, vigorous and ambitious .The moment when I saw them really bring me back to my first year in university.

However, I canít help wondering how long will their ambition and eagerness last after they come to realize the difficulties in study. Is it just a nine-day wonder? According to my experience, the number of freshmen who have decided to further their study in graduate school is cut down to half in grade two, and the number is going to be in decline with the passing year. Finally perhaps only 2% of them can realize their dreams. So why can these 2% students persist in their efforts. In my opinion , because they have their own scenario plan.

According to a survey conducted by my college, it shows that the students who want to get master degree account for 45.5%, and what comes next is gong abroad for further study. No matter which one youíll choose or on the contrary youíll pick neither of them as your future, professional competence undoubtedly take an important part. Make sure enough time should be spent on your major study to ensure you are able to master it. Not only take in the knowledge from the textbook , but make yourself keep up with the latest information on your major by reading news papers or magazines . And once youíve the goal, you should prepare for it as soon as possible. The earlier you get ready, the greater chance youíll stand. Bear it in mind that donít swing your decisions from time to time, it is a waste of time and youíll be in vain at last.

Besides study, weíre also demanded of good communication skill. Different form middle school, university is regarded as a minimized society which emphasizes a high degree of cooperation. Weíre expected to meet various people every day . We must learn how to build up our social network and make it useful for us. Students can start practicing the communication skill with their dormitories . At the beginning one may find it hard to live in a harmonious way with his(her) roommates . Take it easy. It takes one time to get to know a person before becoming friends . Gradually, youíll learn how to communicate with others.

I dare say the advice I give above is not a perfect norm. Any one of them you think is not suitable for you, can be completely dismissed . You can make out a plan of your own . But remember as a ambitious students donít consider yourself as a bigwig as if you have an advantage over others and yet donít look down upon yourself as nobody.

We , ambitious college students , can make our way in the four years.

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Please check my writing

Please note punctuation changes.

Quote Originally Posted by RonBee View Post
    In September, I was assigned to welcome the freshmen and help them to adapt themselves to the campus life.
    In September, I was assigned to welcome the freshmen and help them adapt to campus life.
    It is not a tough and challenging job though, I have a chance to be face to face with the new students and communicate with them.
    It is not a hard job, and I have a chance to meet the new students and talk to them.
    Compared with some junior and senior, they appear to be more energetic, vigorous and ambitious .The moment when I saw them really bring me back to my first year in university.
    Compared to some juniors and seniors, they appear to be more energetic,vigorous and ambitious. When I first meet them it really takes me back to my first year at university.
    However, I canít help wondering how long will their ambition and eagerness last after they come to realize the difficulties in study.
    However, I can't help wondering how long their ambition and eagerness will last after they realize how difficult college is.
    Am I close with that?

Also, what is a scenario plan?

~R

Is it just a nine-day wonder?
    Does "it" refer to the freshmen? If not, what?

~R

According to my experience, the number of freshmen who have decided to further their study in graduate school is cut down to half in grade two, and the number is going to be in decline with the passing year.
    According to my experience, the number of freshmen who decide to further their study in graduate school...and the number declines with each passing year.
    What do you think?

~R