Post Thanks / Like

Default Please check my statement of purpose...suggest me how to close it..

To whom it may concern:

I have completed all my studies from India. I studied in Hindi medium school up to class 10th .I performed well; I was among the top three Student of my class. But when I took admission in Class 11th in another school, my performance dropped down. That happened because the medium of teaching was English and the school was much better than the previous one. I faced a lot of competition there. I did hard work to learn English and after few months I overcame the problem.

After doing High school I took admission in bachelor in science with Chemistry Major. I had chosen Chemistry because I liked it most. My performance was good in Chemistry and again I was among the top 5 student of my class in this subject. (My minor subjects were Botany and Zoology). During my bachelor in science I got the opportunity to learn genetics, cytology and microbiology. I liked these subjects very much and wanted to do my masters in Bio Chemistry. But I could not take admission in the course because minimum qualification needed there for this subject was Bachelor in major in Biochemistry. So I took my admission in masters in organic chemistry. There I was awarded merit scholarship which is given every year to top four students of the Chemistry department. My master course work included Analytical, organic, inorganic, physical Chemistry and group theory of spectroscopy and seminar lecture. But any project work was not included in my course .Also I did not had the opportunity to do any research work independently. Situation in small Indian city is very different. There were no jobs or industries where I could apply my knowledge Gained in my graduate studies.

After that I came to U.S.A and started looking for colleges to do research, and I found out that I could do research in Biochemistry. I was glad to learn that. I thought my dream may become true.So I applied in your college.

Strong points of my personality are that I learn from my past mistakes and try to never repeat it and I don't quit in difficult situations. I always try to learn new things in my life. My weak point at this moment is speaking English. I am not very fluent in it, but working hard on it right now.

curmudgeon is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Retired English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Please check my statement of purpose...suggest me how to close it..

Information in support of my application

All of my previous studies have been undertaken in India... I attended a Hindi medium school up to class 10. I achieved a high standard during this time, and was among the top three students in my class. However, when I progressed to Class 11 at my new High School, my performance faltered. The problem was that all teaching at the new school was conducted in English, and the standards were much higher than at my previous school. Here I faced a lot more competition and had to work hard to learn English, but within a few months I had overcome this problem and began to improve...

When I finished High school I gained entry on a BsC course, majoring in Chemistry I chose Chemistry because it was my favourite subject. My performance was good in Chemistry and again I was among the top 5 student of my class in this subject. (My minor subjects were Botany and Zoology). During my BsC I had the opportunity to study genetics, cytology and microbiology. I liked these subjects very much and wanted to do my masters in Bio Chemistry. Unfortunately I could not gain admission to the course as the minimum qualification needed for this was BsC with a major in Biochemistry.

Due to this I chose to take my Masters admission in organic chemistry. I was awarded a merit scholarship for this which is given every year to the top four students of the Chemistry department.

My master course work included Analytical, organic, inorganic, physical Chemistry and group theory of spectroscopy in seminars and lectures - project work was not included in my course and I was unable do any research work independently through lack of opportunity.

Following my graduation I found the employment situation in a small Indian city very difficult. There were no jobs or industries where I could apply my knowledge gained in my graduate studies.

Thus I traveled to the U.S.A and started looking for colleges to do research, and I discovered that I could do research in Biochemistry. It is my objective now to make my research dream a reality, which is why I wish to apply for admission to your college

Strong points of my personality are that I learn from my past mistakes and try to never repeat it and I don't quit in difficult situations. I always try to learn new things in my life. My weak point at this moment is speaking English. I am not very fluent in it, but working hard on it right now.

Hope this helps and good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks A lot ... You really suggested me a good way of writing.

curmudgeon is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Retired English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lapujhanna View Post
    Thanks A lot ... You really have suggested a good way of writing to me.
    It's not absolutely correct, check for capitalisation and make sure the terminology is correct regarding your qualifications etc...