Post Thanks / Like

Talking HELP with my project PLEASE

I have just been assigned to do a project dealing with babies. It should be a course. Please help me out. Course syllabus, equipment, your experience. PLEASE.

Buckets of thanks.

Keane

Ouisch is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: HELP with my project PLEASE

"Babies" is a pretty broad topic. I'm tempted to refer you to the "Single Spoke Sub-Header" thread (:::::ducking::::::).

I think that mapping out an entire course syllabus is a bit above and beyond the traditional English as a Second Language assistance, but what the heck, here's a thought:

I find the various reflexes that a baby is born with quite fascinating. For example: the Protective Reflex...put a cloth over the face of a healthy newborn, and he will instinctively turn his head from side to side to dislodge it. The Root Reflex...stroke a baby on a corner of its mouth and it will automatically turn his head in that direction and try to suckle. The Grasp Reflex...stroke the palm of a baby's hand and he will close his fingers into a grasp.

There are many other reflexes that come naturally to newborns, and the baby's pediatrician uses these to check the child for any possible neurological or developmental disorders.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: HELP with my project PLEASE

You could also probably add an interesting section to your project looking at the various stages of development a baby goes through before it is born.

Brian

Grammar comics: Grammarman Comic for efl esl tefl celta teachers and students