Post Thanks / Like

Default Describing a process

Please somebody check my English. TQ

There are many processes involve in a company’s recruitment process.
    The first thing is the list of requirements is drawn up. After that, an advertisement is placed in the newspaper.

After reading that advertisement, applicant will asks for application form. Following that , the applicant completes and returns application form.
    Immediately after receiving the completed form, application is opened and assed.

There are possibilities, If the application is rejected, a letter to informing that particular candidate will be sent. If the application is accepted, the applicant will be invited for an interview.

After the interview, the unsuccessful applicant will be sent a letter to inform that result. Meanwhile, successful applicant and runner up will be selected. Finally the successful applicant will be offered the job.

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Describing a process

Quote Originally Posted by dean

There are many processes involve in a company’s recruitment process.
    The first thing is the list of requirements is drawn up. After that, an advertisement is placed in the newspaper.
    In the first sentence, involve should be involved. In the second sentence, replace The first thing with First, thus: "First, the list of requirements is drawn up."

After reading that advertisement, applicant will asks for application form. Following that , the applicant completes and returns application form.
    Immediately after receiving the completed form, application is opened and assed.
    I would make a few minor changes there. Try:
    • After reading the advertisement, the applicant asks for an application form. Following that, the applicant completes and returns application form. After the completed form is turned in the application is opened and assessed.

There are possibilities, If the application is rejected, a letter to informing that particular candidate will be sent. If the application is accepted, the applicant will be invited for an interview.
    You don't need There are possibilities there. For the first sentence, try:
    • If the application is rejected, a letter will be sent to that candidate informing him that he has been rejected for the job.

After the interview, the unsuccessful applicant will be sent a letter to inform that result. Meanwhile, successful applicant and runner up will be selected. Finally the successful applicant will be offered the job.
    I'm not sure I understand that. You are going to tell the unsuccessful applicant who got the job?

:?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Describing a process

I'm not sure I understand that. You are going to tell the unsuccessful applicant who got the job?
    :?
    Dear Ron, I have rewrite ( rewrite?) the sentences. :D

After the interview,the unsuccesful applicants will be receiving a letter, informing that they have failed to get the job.

On the other hand, successful applicant and runner up will be selected.After that the successful applicant will be offered the job.