Beholder is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Please check my essay

I'm learning English on my own and currently trying to improve my writting skills. Please, somebody, check my last essay. Any kind of comments are welcome.

De gustibus non est disputandum

(Thereís no disputing about taste)

Since our birth and till the end of our life a lot of things forms our mentality, affects our inner world and creates our behavior. In the other words the environment forms the person. Different events change our treatment of another people and things around us. And even can change treatment of ourselves. Like millions of small ants build a huge house for themselves, millions of causes make a person and that is why every person is different.
    Basically every human have only genetic code inherited from his parents. But after a woman became pregnant, everything what happens to her can affect to her child. Does matter what she eats, what she does and vice versa. So I believe that a person is made from this genetic code and his environment actions which still form this person during all his life. Thus, a huge amount of different causes forms a really unique person. Some people, of course, can be similar on something, but always there is a difference.
    The spectrum of humanís characters and other characteristics is wide enough and this is a good advantage. That is why the humanís race is so strong and so able to survive. We are still one species but we are so different. That is really great! The mankind has some sort of humans for each natureís action.
    The art is possible because of our differences. The science is possible because of our differences. Everything is possible because of our differences. There is a person for every work in this world. And there is a work for every person.
    But there is a disadvantage of this peopleís feature. We often cannot understand one another well enough. That is also due to our differences. Often we argue one with another because of that. I believe that our difference is even a reason of wars. If every person would think as each another and feel like each another, no war would be possible.
    May be something is controversial in my way of thinking, but there is one thing which I can say for sure. We are different and this difference is deep inside of our nature. We have to live with it. So letís make our life easier. Letís do not force another people to get our way of thinking, living and so. Letís still them different.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Please check my essay

Quote Originally Posted by Beholder View Post
    I'm learning English on my own and currently trying to improve my writting skills. Please, somebody, check my last essay. Any kind of comments are welcome.

De gustibus non est disputandum

(Thereís no disputing about taste)

Since our birth and till the end of our life lots of things form our mentality, affect our inner world and create our behavior. In the other words the environment forms the person. Different events change our treatment of other people and things around us. And even , could change treatment of ourselves. Like millions of small ants build a huge house for themselves, millions of causes make a person, and that is why every person is different.
    Basically, every human has only genetic code inherited from his parents. But after, then when woman became pregnant, everything what happens to her can affect her child. It does matters what she eats, what she does, and vice versa. So, I believe that a person is made from this genetic code and his environment actions which are still form of this person during all his life. Thus, a huge amount of different causes forms a really unique person. Some people, of course, might be similar on something, but always there is a difference.
    The spectrum of humanís characters and other characteristics is wide enough, and this is a good advantage. That's why the humanís race is so strong, and so able to survive. We are still a one species, but we are so different. That is really great! The mankind has some sort of humans for each natureís action.
    The art is possible because of our differences. The science is possible because of our differences. Everything is possible because of our differences. There is a person for every work in this world. And there is a work for every person.
    But there is a disadvantage of this peopleís feature. We cannot understand one another often well enough. That is also due to our differences. Often, we argue with one another because of that. I believe that our difference is even a reason of wars. If every person would think like everyone, and feel like everyone, no war would be possible.
    May be something is controversial in my way of thinking, but there is one thing what I can say for sure. We are different and this difference is deep inside of our nature. We have to live with it. So letís make our life easier. Letís do not force another people to get our way of thinking, living and so. Let's stay them different.

P.s. I did correct you(in the quote), as you asked. But i'm not a native speaker. So, it could be more mistakes.
    Good luck. Do svidaniya.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a lot, Luzkos .
    See you.

Any other comments?

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Since our birth and till the end of our life a lot of things form our mentality, affect our inner world and influence our behavior. In the other words the environment forms the personality. Different events affect our treatment of other people and things around us. And they can even change treatment of ourselves. Like millions of small ants building a huge house for themselves, millions of causes make a person and that is why everyone is unique.
    Basically every human has a genetic code inherited from his parents. But after a woman became pregnant, everything that happens to her can affect her child. It matters what she eats or what she does. So I believe that a person's character is made from a combination of this genetic code and the environment throughout life. Thus, a huge amount of different influencesunderlie each unique personality. There may be similarities, but always there is a difference.
    The spectrum of human characteristics is wide which is why the human race is so strong and so able to survive. We are all so different and yet all one species. That is really great! Art is possible because of our differences. Science is possible because of our differences. Everything is possible because of our differences.
    But there is a disadvantage: we often cannot understand one another well enough. That is also due to our differences. Often we argue one with another because of that. I believe that these differences are also causes of war. If every person thought and felt like each other, no war would be possible.
    There may be something controversial in my way of thinking, but there is one thing that I can say for sure: our differences are deep inside our nature. We have to live with them. So letís make our life easier. Letís not force on others our ways of thinking and living. Letís accept our differences .[/quote]

Post Thanks / Like

Well done, Anglika.
    Thank you very much.

Post Thanks / Like

You're welcome, beholder. By the way, this essay is pretty interesting to read.
    Good luck in life.

Nessa is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Second line. "In the other words".

I believe he meant "in other words", or is the first way also possible?

And

"But after a woman became pregnant"

I think it'd look better "but after a woman becomes pregnant".

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beholder View Post
    I suggest:
    I'm learning English on my own and currently trying to improve my writing skills. Please read my latest essay and offer comments and corrections.
    If it were really your last essay that would mean there aren't going to be any more. We can hardly be certain of that. Thus latest is a better choice.