• Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

• Post Thanks / Like

iso9001

Some improvement areas (NC) need to be rectified after Iso9001 audit. I hope to report the status of rectification to satisfaction.

I would be grateful if someone could help me to correct the following sentence in politeness.

Dear Manager

In response to the improvement area of ISO 9001:2000 audit for LVG, I would like to report the following items have been rectified to satisfaction.

or
    Referring to the improvement area of ISO 9001:2000 audit for LVG, I would like to report the following items have been rectified.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: iso9001

Quote Originally Posted by ben9108 View Post
    Some improvement areas (NC) need to be rectified after Iso9001 audit. I hope to report the status of rectification to satisfaction.
    I would be grateful if someone could help me to correct the following sentence in politeness.

Dear Manager
    In response to the improvement area of ISO 9001:2000 audit for LVG, I would like to report the following items have been rectified to satisfaction.
    or
    Referring to the improvement area of ISO 9001:2000 audit for LVG, I would like to report the following items have been rectified.
    I prefer your first to your second, but I'd just say 'I would like to report the following items rectified' or even 'the following improvements'.

b

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

• Post Thanks / Like

Usually in ISO-9001 terminology, any items that need correcting or improving are referred to as "non-conformities."

So you might want to say, "We are pleased to report that corrective action has been taken on the following non-conformities:"

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ouisch View Post
    Usually in ISO-9001 terminology, any items that need correcting or improving are referred to as "non-conformities."
    So you might want to say, "We are pleased to report that corrective action has been taken on the following non-conformities:"
    Sounds good to me. The last time I had any dealings with ISO9001 was in the late '90s - and if 'non-conformities' is the magic word, I say use it!

b

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobK View Post
    Sounds good to me. The last time I had any dealings with ISO9001 was in the late '90s - and if 'non-conformities' is the magic word, I say use it!

b
    I was last involved with an ISO audit in the early 2000s (not long after you), and "non-conforming" was their big buzz word at that time. I did a quick online search and it looks like they're still preaching that to the choir.

PS Lots of good those audits do....the company I was at managed to conceal the entire afternoon shift, as it cost more money to have them evaluated, too. We still managed to get certified.