Thread: Hello

Naveeda is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello

Hi There!

I am a trainee teacher on CELTA course and hold one MA in language and literature and one in TEFL. I have to teach ESOL ( while I am on training) elementry (E1) and Intermediate.
    The problem I am facing is in explaining to my students. Sometimes I can't tell them what I want to say. I forget many things when I work with them and unconsciously use wrong (grammar structure) Though right after utterance I realize wot I do.
    I am very good in class management and elicitation but I cant use my teaching skills properly. Me and my students both hesitant and distant. I want to bring variety in designing classroom activities so they could enjoy language learning.Can you plz guide me:

How can I my nervousness and hesitation?
    How can I improve my teaching language?
    How can I design various activities( Can u recommend any book on designing laguage activities)?

Sometimes I feel I am not a good teacher and must leave this profession.
    help me pllllllllllllllllllllleassssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss

zahari is offline Junior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Greek
      • Home Country:
      • Greece
      • Current Location:
      • Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hello

Hi Naveeda and welcome!

I used to face the same problem and I realised that this happened whenever I was not well prepared for the lesson (maybe because I felt rather too confident...!).So I started preparing very carefully the following day's lesson and that helped me a lot.That meant, of course, lesson planning. In my humble opinion, defining the objectives of a particular lesson and checking your knowledge before going into the class are the most important factors. Don't get disappointed. We've all gone through situations like this.