Unregistered Guest

Default Formal letter - request for a new notebook

hi all, can somebody here give good example about formal letter. the title is Request for a new notebook

i'll try to draft it...need your help to check it in term of grammar, wording and etc2..

Subject : Request for a new notebook

Dear Michelle,

The matter above is referred

I start join this company last year on November 2005. Since that date, Iím using IBM R40, which has a lot of problem like a blue screen, and battery cannot stay for longer period (only about 5 minutes).

In October last month, the notebook totally corrupted (motherboard problem) and cannot be used anymore. I already report to helpdesk but they cannot do anything because the notebook is out of warranty.

For your information, I already sent the same request before this notebook totally corrupted. Unfortunately, no action has been taken to rectify this problem.

Your attention is highly appreciated.

I am looking forward to hear form you.

Regards,

Requestor

hmm..is it ok?

curmudgeon is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Retired English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Formal letter - request for a new notebook

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    hi all, can somebody here give good example about formal letter. the title is Request for a new notebook
    I'll try to draft it...need your help to check it in term of grammar, wording and etc..
    Subject : Problems with Notebook
    Dear Michelle,

I joined the company in November 2005 and was issued with an IBM R40 Notebook. Unfortunately I have experienced a lot of problems, such as a blue screen and the battery is unable to sustain its charge for more than five minutes.

Last month, the notebook crashed completely with a motherboard problem and is now unusable. I have reported this problem to the help desk but they are unable to help as it is now out of warranty.

I have reported this problem previously but no action has been taken to resolve the situation. I would be grateful if you could give this matter your urgent attention.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,
    Requester
    hmm..is it OK?
    Hope this does the trick...: