- For Teachers
Hello I'm new to usingenglish.com!
Could somebody help me with grammatical structures /forms and functions?
We need to find out what grammatical structures the following sentences are using:
1. Could I have Leeds 26542, please?
2. Can I have a private word with you, old chap?
3. I was just wondering if you'd mind if I put my shoes on your chair.
4. May I ask the reason?
5. Find that girl for me. As a favour.
6. Why don't you lend Tom a few pounds, Bob?
b) Identify the probable function of each of the following utterances:
1. Have a chocolate biscuit.
2. Ring Bob and tell him to come here.
3. Come on, darling, help me clear the table.
4. Buzz off before I call the police.
5. Mind how you go.
6. Take a tip from me, Jack, wipe the whole business from your head, get it clean out of your mind.
Many thanks for your help!!!!!!!!!
Looking forward to hear from you!
Pope of the Dictionary.com Forum