Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Correct my paragraph

Can anyone edit my paragraph below:

Learning a new language can be difficult because it is not a native language, and people have to learn many skills in order to have better uses of the language. Similarly, learning English is quite difficult. To my experience, I can acquire my English by practicing and learning many skills like reading, writing, speaking and listening. To improve my reading skill, I often read Cambodia Daily or other books that are suitable for my ability, and reading a lot of books can help me remember more new words and improve my reading and speaking as well. Besides reading a lot of books and newspapers, I sometimes listen to English news on radio or TV. I can learn how to pronounce and stress on the difficult words. Moreover, I usually practice doing exercise on Internet. I get to know my grammar by taking tests on internet and try to learn more new grammar lesson that I have never learnt. Practicing new grammar on internet also develop my writing ability. I know how to write and use the right structure and grammar. For speaking skill, I try to speak every day with my friends and colleagues. However, I am still not satisfied with my speaking ability, and I feel like I canít express myself the way I want.

curmudgeon is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Retired English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Correct my paragraph

Quote Originally Posted by kimhong View Post
    Can anyone edit my paragraph below:

Learning a new language can be difficult because it is not the student's native language, and new skills are needed to be have effective command in it. The English language can be quite difficult to master compared to other languages. In my experience, I have found that by studying and practicing reading, writing, speaking and listening I can improve. To increase my reading abilities, I often read the 'Cambodia Daily' and books that are suitable for my ability. Reading lots of books helps me to remember new words and increase my vocabulary, it also improves my speaking skills. Besides reading, I sometimes listen to English language newscasts on radio and TV. By doing this I learn how to pronounce and stress difficult words. In addition, I practice by doing exercises on the Internet. I improve my grammar by taking online tests and constantly search for new grammar lessons. Practicing grammar on the Internet also helps to develop my writing ability; I now know how to write and use the right structure and grammar. To improve my speaking skills, I try to speak English every day with my friends and colleagues. I am still not satisfied with my speaking ability, and still feel I canít express myself the way I want.
    c