Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Classify My Web Site

Classify My Web Site
    Nowadays, you must know a website, Google. It is the most famous search engine website in the world. If you know how a search engine works, you must know that Google separate many spiders around the internet world and lets them to collect web pages and indexes those web pages which the spiders caught. Iím a spider; however, I donít belong to Google. I collect web sites everyday. There are thousands pages I mark with del.icio.us, a website based bookmark service that helps users to archive their web URLs.
    Content
    The websites which people most visit is content website. It provides the information you need. Most newspaper site is content website. Since last year there is a new kind of website becomes popular; it is the one as you know as Blog. I used visit blogs and read up to hundred entries everyday; I canít pay so many hours on it now because Iím busy on others. The most famous one I read is TechCrunch. By reading it, you will know the most hot web technology news in the world and it is also the fastest way to catch the headline of web world. If you are a geek like me, you must go to Solidot and have a look. You must love it. It provides the most interesting stories geeks would like. If you want to buy some digital products, Engadget would be your best advisor. If you are a G-fun, you canít miss Google Blogscoped; however, TechCrunch, Solidot and Engadget are the Blogs I have never missed until now. There are many other blogs I just to read, many are technology related Blogs, some are my friendsí.
    Community
    Community or Social Network website becomes popular this year again. If you are an older internet user, you must know forum, or BBS (Bullet Board System). It is the original community website format. What you can do is post a topic, and other people will reply it later, and then again, you do the reply. It sounds so boring to repeat the same action. Now the new format of BBS, we say it social network, has more luxurious features. First, when you create an account on a social network website, such as MySpace, you could add your friend instantly by providing email account and passwords; of course, the web manger would not know your secret passwords. And then, the web will import content list from your email account; however, only few most popular email accounts are supported. They are Hotmail, Yahoo! and Gmail. I think MySpace would support more in the feature. Second, the web based chat could help you chat with your friend instantly. You would see a small online statue button on the side of your friends face icon when you login to your page at MySpace. The button will light up when your friend is surfing at MySpace; even though, her or his statue is off, still you could leave a message via messenger tool. Third, the most important one is you could have your own page. On your page, you could share your images, videos and music. With few HTML code, you could customize your page; you would see there are many good webpage designers at MySpace.
    Applications
    Since internet speed incredible improved, web application website becomes possible. With AJAX1 technology, users could interact with webpage. When a user move an item on the webpage, it would be easy as drag and move. And there are many web based Star Page website, such as Microsoft Live.com. Star Page is just one kind of application website. The other kind is bookmark website, such as del.icio.us which I talk previously. Office application website is hot also, such as Google Docs. It provides word-liked editor and Excel-liked spreadsheet. And there is one more website I use it a lot is YouSentIt.com. With its help, I could attach a file up to 100MB, and sent it to my friend via email. And the upload speed is good. There are too many application websites I use that canít introduce completely here. There is a incompletely list at web2list.com. Just go to there to see more.
    Finally, I should say internet world is amazing; however, donít forget the world nearby you. Otherwise, you will be late for many others.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    1, actually AJAX is not the new technology. Just because of Google, Google use it to create many amazing web applications, including Google map.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Classify My Web Site

i wrote a essay about my website list
    could anyone help me to improve it?

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Firelord View Post
    Classify My Web Site

Nowadays, you must know a website, Google. It is the most famous search engine website in the world. If you know how a search engine works, you must know that Google separate many spiders around the internet world and lets them to collect web pages and indexes those web pages which the spiders caught. Iím a spider; however, I donít belong to Google. I collect web sites everyday. There are thousands pages I mark with del.icio.us, a website based bookmark service that helps users to archive their web URLs.

Nowadays you must be acquainted with Google. It is the most famous search engine in the world. If you know how a search engine works then you know that Google releases many spiders that spread out around the Internet. The spiders collect web pages, and Google indexes those web pages.

I am a spider (but I don't belong to Google). I collect web sites every day. There are thousands of pages I mark with del.icio.us, a website-based bookmark service that helps users to archive their web URLs.

~R

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Content

The websites which people most visit is content website. It provides the information you need. Most newspaper site is content website. Since last year there is a new kind of website becomes popular; it is the one as you know as Blog. I used visit blogs and read up to hundred entries everyday; I canít pay so many hours on it now because Iím busy on others.

Content
    The websites which people most visit is content website. They provide information. Most newspaper sites are content websites. Since last year a new kind of website has become popular. It is the one known as blog. I used to visit blogs and read up to hundred entries every day. I can't spend so much time doing that now because I am busy doing other things.
    The most famous one I read is TechCrunch. By reading it, you will know the most hot web technology news in the world and it is also the fastest way to catch the headline of web world.

The most famous one I have read is TechCrunch. If you read it you learn about the hottest Web technology. It always has the latest on news concerning the Internet.
    If you are a geek like me, you must go to Solidot and have a look. You must love it. It provides the most interesting stories geeks would like. If you want to buy some digital products, Engadget would be your best advisor. If you are a G-fun, you canít miss Google Blogscoped; however, TechCrunch, Solidot and Engadget are the Blogs I have never missed until now. There are many other blogs I just to read, many are technology related Blogs, some are my friendsí.
    If you are a geek like me, you must go to Solidot and have a look. You will love it. It provides the stories that geeks would be the most interested in. If you want to buy some digital products, Engadget would be your best advisor. If you are a G-fan, you canít miss Google Blogscoped. There are many other blogs I have visited. Many are technology related Blogs, some are my friendsí blogs.
    ~R

Post Thanks / Like

thanks a lot

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Re: Classify My Web Site

If you space between paragraphs your postings will be easier to read.

Community
    Community or Social Network website becomes popular this year again.
    Community
    Community or Social Network websites have become popular this year again.
    Do you mean to suggest that those websites lost popularity and recently regained popularity?

If you are an older internet user, you must know forum, or BBS (Bullet Board System). It is the original community website format. What you can do is post a topic, and other people will reply it later, and then again, you do the reply. It sounds so boring to repeat the same action. Now the new format of BBS, we say it social network, has more luxurious features. First, when you create an account on a social network website, such as MySpace, you could add your friend instantly by providing email account and passwords; of course, the web manger would not know your secret passwords. And then, the web will import content list from your email account; however, only few most popular email accounts are supported. They are Hotmail, Yahoo! and Gmail. I think MySpace would support more in the feature. Second, the web based chat could help you chat with your friend instantly. You would see a small online statue button on the side of your friends face icon when you login to your page at MySpace. The button will light up when your friend is surfing at MySpace; even though, her or his statue is off, still you could leave a message via messenger tool. Third, the most important one is you could have your own page. On your page, you could share your images, videos and music. With few HTML code, you could customize your page; you would see there are many good webpage designers at MySpace.

How would you rewrite that making sure to change "you must know forum"?

~R

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i wrote a essay about my website list
    could anyone help me to improve it?
    Say:
    I wrote an essay about my website list. Could anyone help me improve it?
    ~R

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your suggestion.
    I learn a lot form you.

About the poplarity of forums, what I think is:
    Once of time, forums lost poplarity, isn't it?
    Maybe it's my own feeling of that.
    Do you think forums have ever lost poplarity, RonBee?

However, this forum is a great forum I have never seen :D

Red5 is offline Webmaster, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi! In my time using the internet I don't think I have seen a reduction in the popularity of forums. However, it might be that they haven't grown as fast as other areas of the net.

Thanks for your comments. They are much appreciated.
    Red5
    Webmaster, UsingEnglish.com

Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that there are a lot of sites that put forums up, but get no one posting there, but the busy forums are very busy. It's easy to find forums with millions of posts, and other with 3.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast