What is the differences between these words? artificial and superficial
- Made by humans; produced rather than natural.
- Brought about or caused by sociopolitical or other human-generated forces or influences: set up artificial barriers against women and minorities; an artificial economic boom.
- Made in imitation of something natural; simulated: artificial teeth.
- Not genuine or natural: an artificial smile.
- The AHD
- Of, affecting, or being on or near the surface: a superficial wound.
- Concerned with or comprehending only what is apparent or obvious; shallow.
- Apparent rather than actual or substantial: a superficial resemblance.
- Trivial; insignificant: made only a few superficial changes in the manuscript.
Pope of the Dictionary.com Forum