Thread: please check it

kallang is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default please check it

this is the first time i write an essay please help me correct it. Thanks a lot.

---
    Reasons to go to university
    ---
    When I and my friends finish the last year at high school, we have to face a big problem whether we should go to university or not. Some of us go abroad for further study and the rest decide to go to university. There are many reasons for our choices, but generally, we choose to continue learning.

First, we go to university to study deeply about the field that we interest in. For example, a student who like political science can study political systems, political thoughts, etc… and many other subjects related to politics. University is a suitable place to do that; it has a huge library, a lot of experienced and knowledgeable professors who are always eager to help us in study.

Second, going to university means “preparing for the future”. We try to earn money, manage everything and learn many new things on our own. Unlike high school, teachers go to class and give us knowledge, in university, they guide us how to achieve it and we will do the rest by ourselves.

Finally, university life offers chances to meet many people from different parts of the country and to learn about their lifestyles. We also can enjoy social life; take part in many activity groups, sports teams, and student organizations.

That’s why we go to university.

curmudgeon is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Retired English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: please check it

Quote Originally Posted by kallang View Post

---

Reasons for Going to University
    ---
    When my friends and I finished our final year at high school, we were faced with the problem of whether or not we should go to university. Some of us chose to go abroad for further study and others decided to go to university.

There are numerous reasons why some of us chose university, but the main one was that we wanted to continue to learn.

Going to university enables you study your elected subject in depth. For example, a student who is interested in political science can study political systems, political thoughts and many other subjects related to politics. University is the most suitable place to do this; it has a huge library and a lot of experienced and knowledgeable professors who are always eager to help you in your studies.

Going to university esentially means “preparing for the future” when we will have to earn money, manage our lives and continue to learn new things independently. Unlike high school, where teachers go to class and provide us with knowledge, university guides you on how to achieve your goals and expects you to be self directed in your studies.

Finally, university life provides opportunities to meet many people from different parts of the country and to learn about their lifestyles. There is an active social life to enjoy, including participation in activity groups, sports teams, and student organizations.

That’s why we go to university.
    c

kallang is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: please check it

thank you very much for editing my little essay, Curmudgeon.