• Cambodian
      • Home Country:
      • Cambodia
      • Current Location:
      • Cambodia
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry Check my essay please

Please kindly check my essay please

Topic: In Cambodia, parents arrange marriage for their children, in your opinion what are the advantages and disadvantages of the arranged marriage.
    Choosing husband or wife is one of the most important decisions of everyone’s life because marriage can bring a happy life and unhappy life. In many countries in the word especially in Western countries a man or woman can choose their own partner; however, in some countries in Asia like Cambodia parents arrange their children’s marriage. Such decision can have both advantages and disadvantages.
    One of the most important advantages to arranged marriage is having a good financial security and living condition. Of course, Money doesn’t automatically bring a good happiness, but the lack of money can cause lots of troubles in the family and stresses in any relationship. In Cambodian tradition, parents often involve transfers of property to their marrying children, and hopefully they wish to bring their children with a very good financial and living condition. For example, some Cambodian parents give property such as house, land, money and jewelry to the new couple after getting married, and they have an important role in solving any problems happening to their married children. In addition, parents have more life experiences than their children; therefore, they can usually make a better decision or judgment. For instance, In Cambodian culture, many parents always think carefully about whom their children should marry, and most of their thoughts focus on financial situation because they strongly believe that if their children get married to a rich husband or wife, financial problem will not happen.
    The second advantage of the arranged marriage is that children can bring gratefulness and honor to their family. Cambodian people believe in Buddhist. In Buddhism, People believe in returning gratitude to their parents, and children have an obligation to maintain their family’s honor. Marrying into a good family is considered to be a way of returning gratitude to parents, especially for a young girl. Moreover, getting married to someone that is arranged by parents is recognized that children obey Khmer traditional culture and respect their parents gratefully. For example, when a daughter get married to man that is selected by her parents, she will be considered a grateful daughter because everything she behaves doesn’t go against Khmer tradition.
    The third advantage is that parents can end a very big and important duty in their life. Traditionally, it is an obligation for Cambodian parents to choose and arrange marriage for their children so that their family’s reputation and honor can be retained. Generally, Cambodian children live with their parents until they get married, and parents have a lot of responsibilities for their children. Choosing marriage partner for their children is one of the most important responsibilities during their life. For instance, from the time their children were born until the time they get married parents have to do a lot of duties such as taking care of their children’s health, earning money to support the basic needs and education for their children and either looking for children’s marriage partner. After getting married, children have their own responsibility and they have to follow the ways their parents behave toward them. Therefore, parents do not need to responsible for such heavy burdens anymore.
    Although arranged marriage has advantages, it still has some advantages. On obvious disadvantage is domestic violence. Exactly, arranged marriage is usually arranged by parents or someone else. However, it is an individual’s marriage, but even an opinion about this marriage is not asked individually, so a daughter or son gets marry to one they even don’t know. After marriage, sometimes they can understand that their wife or husband doesn’t have the characteristic which they are looking for so the problems begin to happen.

I believe that i have made some mistakes for this essay.

curmudgeon is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Retired English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Check my essay please

[quote=esophea;138318]Please kindly check my essay please

Topic: In Cambodia, parents arrange marriage for their children, in your opinion what are the advantages and disadvantages of the arranged marriage.
    Choosing husband or wife is one of the most important decisions of everyone’s life because marriage can bring a happy life and unhappy life. In many countries in the word especially in Western countries a man or woman can choose their own partner; however, in some countries in Asia like Cambodia parents arrange their children’s marriage. Such decision can have both advantages and disadvantages.
    quote]
    Hi esophea,

You have obviously put a lot of work into your essay. Well done. There are mistakes. I will go through the first paragraph with you. I'm sure others will help.

Choosing a husband or wife is one of the most important decisions in life. The wrong choice can mean the difference between a happy or miserable future. In many countries in the world, particularly in the West men and women choose their own partner. In Cambodia and many other eastern countries parents arrange their children’s marriage. This practise can have advantages and disadvantages.

esophea is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Cambodian
      • Home Country:
      • Cambodia
      • Current Location:
      • Cambodia
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry Re: Check my essay please

Thank for spending valuable time editing my essay, but i looking forward for the rest of the paragraph.

curmudgeon is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Retired English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Check my essay please