• Native Language:
      • Korean
      • Home Country:
      • South Korea
      • Current Location:
      • South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

implicatons go far beyond sports?

The following sententences are about an article " mental edge" and I would appreciate it if you could paraphrase or explain the red parts.

1. The new focus on the mental game is increasingly finding an enthusiastic audience in business, medicine and the military. The implications go far beyond sports. ( what does it mean by implications, can i understand it as consequences?

2.over the years, pepople have found that certain psychological techniques seem to work. Now we are beginning to find out that there is a basic 'brain' reason why.

3.During peak performance, the mind relaxes its analytical side( of the brain) and allows its right side to control the body.

Anglika is offline No Longer With Us
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: implicatons go far beyond sports?

Quote Originally Posted by bosun View Post
    The following sententences are about an article " mental edge" and I would appreciate it if you could paraphrase or explain the red parts.

1. The new focus on the mental game is increasingly finding an enthusiastic audience in business, medicine and the military. The implications go far beyond sports. ( what does it mean by implications, can i understand it as consequences?

Yes

2.over the years, pepople have found that certain psychological techniques seem to work. Now we are beginning to find out that there is a basic 'brain' reason why.

There is a physiological response in the brain that has been identified

3.During peak performance, the mind relaxes its analytical side( of the brain) and allows its right side to control the body. This is relating to the theory that the brain has two hemispheres with different modes of thinking: left brain activity (analytical/logical/rational) and right brain activity (intuitive/creative/subjective).