helpwanted is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy decay and corruption in hamlet

i don't get hamlet. the language seems impossible to me. i just feel stupid trying to get it. i need to wite a paper about language in hamlet but i'm so lost. i need to trace decay and corruption but i just can't seem to get it.
    please help me. help, help, help me please! i just don't know how to complete a paper about this. I need to indicate how the power or failure of langauge is an issue in the play. i need to look at all the issues of langauge and include what this suggests about the play as a whole.
    Last edited by helpwanted; 28-Dec-2006 at 17:05.

curmudgeon is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Retired English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: decay and corruption in hamlet

"Something is rotten in the state of Denmark" In fact, many things are rotten in the state of Denmark, and images of decay, corruption, and disease are common throughout the play. Following the conventions of tragedy, many of the characters become corrupted in some way, and, by the end of the play, all of the corrupt characters must be eliminated so that Denmark can once again be set right. Many characters in Hamlet die. In what ways is each of these characters "corrupt"? What images in the play suggest decay, corruption, or disease?

You will find lots of information by simply searching 'death decay corruption hamlet'