Poual is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Need help for my english motivation letter

Hi,
    I'am a French student. During summer, I want to do a training period in a english physics laboratory.
    I need help to correct syntax, grammar and form in my letter of motivation.

Thanks a lot!!! See you soon

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr. [Name]

I am a French student in the ENSPG (The Grenoble National Engineering School for Physics) – INPG (Grenoble Institute of technology), a 5th year-degree school. I am in 4th year-degree. I found your laboratory on the [University] website and I want to realize a training period between June 4th and September 14th, 2007 in your research physics laboratory.

Condensed matter physics is very interesting. Moreover, your project “Microwave properties of superconductors” corresponds exactly to what I want to learn. Indeed, superconductors are fascinating, especially their ability to expulse magnetic fields. To investigate the microwave properties of superconductors by finding information about the nature and the properties of the electron pairing would be exciting for me. Furthermore, I would like to work in your laboratory in order to learn more with the trade (job?) of researcher. Indeed, I hope to become researcher later.

My formation gives me serious 4th year degree knowledge with courses like electromagnetism, solid-state physics, physics of material and other fundamental physics courses.

I join you my CV, a letter from my school and a general documentation about my school. Note that the letter from my school is dedicated to an industry, but it could be also sent to a laboratory in a foreign country.

curmudgeon is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Retired English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Need help for my english motivation letter

Quote Originally Posted by Poual View Post
    Hi,
    I'am a French student. During the summer I want to secure a training period in an english physics laboratory.
    I need help to correct syntax, grammar and form in my letter of motivation.

Thanks a lot!!! See you soon

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr. [Name]

I am a French student in the ENSPG (The Grenoble National Engineering School for Physics) – INPG (Grenoble Institute of technology), a 5th year-degree school. I am currently in the 4th year of my degree course. I found your laboratory on the [University] website and I am interested in obtaining a training period between June 4th and September 14th, 2007 in your research physics laboratory.

I find Condensed Matter Physics very interesting and, your project, “Microwave Properties of Superconductors” corresponds exactly to what I wish to study. To me, superconductors are fascinating, especially their ability to expulse magnetic fields. To investigate the microwave properties of superconductors by finding information about the nature and the properties of the electron pairing would be of great interest to me. Additionally, working in your laboratory would enable me to gain experience in the field of research as I hope to become a researcher in the future.

My foundation has given me in-depth 4th year degree knowledge on subjects such as electromagnetism, solid-state physics, physics of material and other fundamental physics courses.

In support of my application, I enclose my CV, a letter from my school and some further information. Thankyou for your attention.

Note that the letter from my school is dedicated to an industry, but it could be also sent to a laboratory in a foreign country.

Poual is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Need help for my english motivation letter

Thanks a lot.
    Your answer helps me a lot. I've done a lot of modification.

I can send my letter now. Thanks!!!!

Bye bye