asad hussain is offline Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The Neem Tree (Please help me!)

Hello, Could someone please have a look at the following question answers for grammar mistakes and weird sentences?

Q1. How can the Neem Tree prevent the burning heat of the sun from troubling us?

Ans. The Neem Tree can prevent the burning heat of the sun from troubling us by keeping itself between sunís scorching beams and us and by stopping all the heat from reaching us.

Q2. Why does the poetess say that the Neem Tree is unafraid?

Ans. The poetess says so because the Neem Tree bears scorching beams of the sun the whole day. But despite bearing hardships, it doesnít lose patience but keeps on facing troubles to lessen the miseries of suffering ones.

Q3. What does the Neem Tree look like?

Ans. The Neem Tree looks like a man who stands erect with his arms, spread for the shelter of others. It looks unafraid and bold.

Q4. How does the poetess compare the Neem Tree to man?

Ans. The Poetess brings many aspects of the Neem Tree like, steadiness and selfless attitude into light but normally man despite being stronger that the Neem Tree is devoid of these qualities. In the end, she wishes that man by following the example can display the same features.

Q5. What according to the poetess is the highest aim of life?

Ans. The highest aim of life, according to the poetess, is to live for others, to bear hardships to face them courageously and to have the spirit of sacrifice.

Q6. In what ways is the Neem Tree useful to us?

Ans. The Neem Tree, being a patient creature, stops scorching beams of the sun the whole day. Thus, provides us a soothing shade. It gives relief to wanderers in hot and sunny atmosphere.

Q7. What is the main idea of this poem?

About the poetess
    Mrs. Elsa Kazi (1907-1967) wrote this poem. She was the German wife of Allama I.I. Kazi. Her style of composing poetry is different and effective.

Central Idea
    Nothing can be nobler than serving the suffering humanity. Hardships should be faced courageously to protect those who are in trouble.

ďI am a man, and whatever concerns humanity is of interest to me.Ē (Terence)

Here goes the poem.

THE NEEM TREE

My lovely Neem,
    That intercepts sunís scorching beam,
    Yet bears the heat all day
    Without the rainís refreshing spray,
    Thou charmíst the wandererís woe away
    With soothing shade.
    How strong you are, how unafraid,
    How green the leaves inspite of all
    The mid-day flames that burning fall
    Upon thy unprotected headÖ
    Could man be as bold as thou and rise
    Above the earth, with the sheltering arm
    To save the suffering ones from harm,
    From sorrows, poverty and vice
    Through sacrifice.
    Could man be steadfast, and like thee
    Face every fate, would it not be
    Fulfilment of lifeís lofiest dream
    My lovely Neem!
    -Mrs. Elsa Kazi

BobK is offline Harmless drudge
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: The Neem Tree (Please help me!)

Quote Originally Posted by asad hussain View Post
    Hello, Could someone please have a look at the following question answers for grammar mistakes and weird sentences?

Q1. How can the Neem Tree prevent the burning heat of the sun from troubling us?

Ans. The Neem Tree can prevent the burning heat of the sun from troubling us by keeping itself between sun’s scorching beams and us and by stopping all the heat from reaching us.

Q2. Why does the poetess say that the Neem Tree is unafraid?

Ans. The poetess says so because the Neem Tree bears scorching beams of the sun the whole day. But despite bearing hardships, it doesn’t lose patience but keeps on facing troubles to lessen the miseries of suffering ones.

Q3. What does the Neem Tree look like?

Ans. The Neem Tree looks like a man who stands erect with his arms, spread for the shelter of others. It looks unafraid and bold.

Q4. How does the poetess compare the Neem Tree to man?

Ans. The poetess brings many aspects of the Neem Tree like, steadiness and selfless attitude into light but normally man despite being stronger that the Neem Tree is devoid of these qualities. In the end, she wishes that man by following the example can display the same features.

Q5. What according to the poetess is the highest aim of life?

Ans. The highest aim of life, according to the poetess, is to live for others, to bear hardships to face them courageously and to have the spirit of sacrifice.

Q6. In what ways is the Neem Tree useful to us?

Ans. The Neem Tree, being a patient creature, stops scorching beams of the sun the whole day , and thus, provides us ["with"? - optional] a soothing shade. It gives relief to wanderers in hot and sunny places.

Q7. What is the main idea of this poem?

About the poetess
    Mrs. Elsa Kazi (1907-1967) wrote this poem. She was the German wife of Allama I.I. Kazi. Her style of composing poetry is different [from what?] and effective.

Central Idea
    Nothing can be nobler than serving [the - delete this] suffering humanity. Hardships should be faced courageously to protect those who are in trouble.
    I'm not sure how this works.

“I am a man, and whatever concerns humanity is of interest to me.” (Terence)

Here goes the poem. ...
    I know nothing about poetry, and don't comment on your ideas. The poem itself has at least one typo ('loftiest dream'?, and I'm not sure about 'inspite' as one word - it might be worth checking the source).

b
    Last edited by BobK; 30-Dec-2006 at 13:06. Reason: Tweak format