e1000sn is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Is this written in standard English? Please help

Technology, Diversity and Globalization should be central part in directing and managing an organization to accomplish its objectives. As a consultant I suggest that training in these three areas is critical in order to make the company more competitive in today’s market.

Technological advances have modified the way the member of society interacts. People are used to the efficiency and efficacy that technology brings to their lives. Technology is special attractive to business because of the decrease of labor and the increase of revenue; however, it is important to remember that in order to make the best from technology, managers should take in consideration the cost-benefit of implementing new technology due to the fast developing of technologies sometime consumers do not receive reliable feedback from the new products. In other hand people need to be receptive to the implementation of new tools that will make easier the way they work. Employees need to receive training that develops the appropriate skills.

I like to believe that since the invention of the wheel nothing has shortened more the distance than the Internet. Advancement in communications has opened the door to new markets before out of reach. Organizations need to ensure that their staff embraces globalization as an opportunity and relief threatening ideas. Global business allows companies to save and make more money. Part of this revenue should be designated to develop opportunities for employees and communities. A clear path to direct global business should be share with employees and instruction about customs, laws and policies.

In the last years companies have been more aware of diversity because of the globalization of the economies and the need to understand others cultures. It is vital for an organization that its employees understand how diversity is affecting business. A competitive organization should implement a training program that emphasizes the benefits that comes from a diversity workforce and at the same time includes exercises to develop skills of coexistence and interactions. It is more effective to work in a group when each member identify and appreciate the value of others members as well as their own.

I always asked myself how we used to live without Internet. Technology opened the door to access the world. Through technology the world became a diverse village.

mykwyner is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Is this written in standard English? Please help

You have made several mistakes (mostly in the use of articles) that native speakers would have never made. Overall, it was clear and well-written for a non-native speaker. If I had more time I would point out each mistake, maybe one of the other teachers will do that.

curmudgeon is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Retired English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by e1000sn View Post
    Technology, Diversity and Globalization should be a central part in directing and managing an organization to accomplish its objectives. As a consultant I suggest that training in these three areas is critical in order to make the company more competitive in today’s market.

Technological advances have modified the way members of society interact. People are used to the efficiency and efficacy that technology brings to their lives. Technology is especially attractive to business because of the reduction in labor costs and the increase in revenue. However, it is important to remember that in order to make the best use of technology, managers should take into consideration the cost-benefit of implementing it. Due to the rapid development in technology there are occassions when consumers do not receive reliable feedback about new products. On the other hand people need to be receptive to the implementation of new tools that will make their job easier. Employees need to receive training that will develop the appropriate skills.

I like to believe that since the invention of the wheel nothing has shortened distance more than the Internet. Advances in communication has opened the door to new markets that were previously out of reach. Organizations need to ensure that their staff embrace globalization as an opportunity and discount it as a threat.. Global business allows companies to save and make more money. Part of this revenue should be designated to develop opportunities for employees and communities. A clear path to direct global business should be to share knowledge about customs, laws and policies with their employees.

In the last few years companies have been more aware of diversity because of the globalization of economies and the need to understand other cultures. It is vital for an organization that its employees understand how diversity is affecting business. To be competitive, an organization needs to implement a training program that emphasizes the benefits that come from a diverse workforce and at the same time includes exercises to develop skills of coexistence and interaction. It is more effective to work as a group where each member can identify and appreciate the value of others as well as themselves.

I always ask myself how we managed to live without the Internet. Technology opened the door to access the world. Through technology the world became a diverse village.
    Someone else might 'tweak'it a bit more

e1000sn is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by curmudgeon View Post
    Someone else might 'tweak'it a bit more
    Thank you a lot!