• Post Thanks / Like

Is this sentence correct?

“I came to Japan alone, left my family in Peru, and I used to hang with Peruvians and Latinos, every weekend we looked each other because we could communicate in Spanish and talk about our experiences”

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Armenian
      • Home Country:
      • Armenia
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is this sentence correct?

[quote=yrmacita;143106]
    “I came to Japan alone, leaving my family in Peru. I used to hang with Peruvians and Latinos. Every weekend we looked for each other because we could communicate in Spanish and talk about our experiences"
    I think it's a little bit better now.

• Post Thanks / Like

Red face Re: Is this sentence correct?

[quote=Harry Smith;143125]
    Quote Originally Posted by yrmacita View Post
    “I came to Japan alone, leaving my family in Peru. I used to hang with Peruvians and Latinos. Every weekend we looked for each other because we could communicate in Spanish and talk about our experiences"
    I think it's a little bit better now.
    Thank you very much, I think you help me a lot.

Would you take a look of a couple of sentences like that?

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Armenian
      • Home Country:
      • Armenia
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation

• Post Thanks / Like

[quote=yrmacita;143150]
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post

Thank you very much, I think you help me a lot.

Would you take a look of a couple of sentences like that?
    Yes, sure. I'll try if have enough spare time.

• Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Is this sentence correct?

[quote=Harry Smith;143177]

Yes, sure. I'll try if have enough spare time.
    Thank you.

“I did not have problems with the food, and the long working hours, but the language is even now my pain in the neck. For sure, I can understand some words or easy topics of conversation, but further than that is impossible”
    “When I first arrived, the translators at factories, hospitals and public institutions were almost nonexistent. If you got sick in catching a cold or scratch a part of your body, then the doctor can see it, but if the illness was inside you and you didn’t know how to express your symptoms it was a real problem, we were like a child without knowing anything.”
    “In Peru we had a different life, even though we were not rich, we had a life, we lived everyday and enjoy with family and friends, the first time when I came to Japan I could not sleep well, I missed my family, got depressed, loss more than ten kg, I suffered a lot”
    “I regretted leaving Peru for the first months. Besides, I could not communicate with my family for the first month. I do not know how I survived, it was a different context, day by day with hard work, many hours in factories, and after coming back to the dormI was alone again”
    These difficulties and anxieties were founded by the common fraction of male Peruvians which drove them to look for new solutions to their loneliness and adaptation to the Japanese society. Besides, their expectations of earning a great deal of money quickly often turned out to be as unfounded as the dream of a family reunion. Subsequently, the decision made by many of them was to continue staying in Japan; onlynot by themselves, but with their families.

• Post Thanks / Like

“... and I used to hang out with Peruvians and Latinos, ...”

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Armenian
      • Home Country:
      • Armenia
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation

• Post Thanks / Like

[quote=yrmacita;143185]
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post

Thank you.

“I did not have problems with the food, and the long working hours, but the language is even now my pain in the neck. For sure, I can understand some words or easy topics of conversation, but further than that is impossible”

“When I first arrived, the translators at factories, hospitals and public institutions were almost nonexistent. If you got sick in catching a cold or scratch a part of your body, then the doctor can see it, but if the illness was inside you and you didn’t know how to express your symptoms it was a real problem, we were like a child without knowing anything.”
    “In Peru we had a different life, even though we were not rich, we had a life, we lived everyday and enjoy with family and friends, the first time when I came to Japan I could not sleep well, I missed my family, got depressed, loss more than ten kg, I suffered a lot”
    “I regretted leaving Peru for the first months. Besides, I could not communicate with my family for the first month. I do not know how I survived, it was a different context, day by day with hard work, many hours in factories, and after coming back to the dormI was alone again”

These difficulties and anxieties were founded by the common fraction of male Peruvians which drove them to look for new solutions to their loneliness and adaptation to the Japanese society. Besides, their expectations of earning a great deal of money quickly often turned out to be as unfounded as the dream of a family reunion. Subsequently, the decision made by many of them was to continue staying in Japan; onlynot by themselves, but with their families.
    At first I decided to correct your sentences but it was impossible. That's why I'm writing anew. Sorry if I haven't kept the style.

"When I first arrived, there were no translators at the factories, hospitals and other public institutions. If you got sick catching a cold or injured a part of your body, the doctor could come to see it. And if your illness was more serious you weren't able to express the simptoms, it was a real problem. We were at a loss and didn't know what to do."
    "In Peru we had a different life, even though we were not rich. We enjoyed ourselves with friends and families. When I first came to Japan I couldn't sleep well. I missed my family, got depressed and lost more than ten kilogrammes of weight. I suffered much."
    " I was very sorry to leave Peru for the first several months. Besides I couldn't keep in touch with my family. I can't understand how I survived. It was a different life: constantly working hard at the factory for many hours and after coning back to the dorm I really felt lonely again."

"

• Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much!
    I will correct my mistakes!

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Armenian
      • Home Country:
      • Armenia