Post Thanks / Like

Red face short interviews need grammar correction!

Hello friends, these short interviews are gramatically correct and are they understandable?

“I did not have problems with the food, and the long working hours, but the language is even now my pain in the neck. For sure, I can understand some words or easy topics of conversation, but further than that is impossible"

“When I first arrived, the translators at factories, hospitals and public institutions were almost nonexistent. If you got sick in catching a cold or scratch a part of your body, then the doctor can see it, but if the illness was inside you and you didn’t know how to express your symptoms it was a real problem, we were like a child without knowing anything.”

“In Peru we had a different life, even though we were not rich, we had a life, we lived everyday and enjoy with family and friends, the first time when I came to Japan I could not sleep well, I missed my family, got depressed, loss more than ten kg, I suffered a lot”

“I regretted leaving Peru for the first months. Besides, I could not communicate with my family for the first month. I do not know how I survived, it was a different context, day by day with hard work, many hours in factories, and after coming back to the dorm I was alone again”

curmudgeon is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Retired English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: short interviews need grammar correction!

Quote Originally Posted by yrmacita View Post
    Hello friends, are these short paragraphs gramatically correct and are they understandable?

“I did not have problems with the food, and the long working hours, but the language even now is a pain in the neck. For sure, now I can understand some words or easy topics of conversation, but beyond that it is impossible"

“When I first arrived, the translators at factories, hospitals and public institutions were practically nonexistent. If you fell ill with a cold or had an accident, then the doctor could see it, but if the illness was inside you and you didn’t know how to express your symptoms it was a real problem, we were like children who knew nothing.”

“In Peru we had a different life. Even though we were not rich, we had a life.We enjoyed everyday in the company of family and friends. When I first came to Japan I could not sleep very well. I missed my family, got depressed, lost more than ten kg in weight, and suffered a lot”

For the first few months I regretted leaving Peru. In the first month I could not communicate with my family. I do not know how I survived. Every day was difficult, working hard for long hours in factories, and on returning to the dorm at night I was alone again”

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: short interviews need grammar correction!

Thank you very much. I will correct those.