Thread: My little essay

kallang is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default My little essay

Please, I need some comments. Thanks a lot.
    ------------------
    People today spend far more time watching sport than actually doing any themselves. What are the factors influencing this change?
    ------------------
    No one can deny the fact that people nowadays spend much time on watching sport instead of playing by themselves. In my opinion, I think this comes from two main reasons.

Firstly, there is a growing concern people prefer to be spectators than attendants these days. By what I mean living in today's stressful world, people are always in rush, suffer from a lot of stress and work hard all day. As a consequence, when they come home from offices, they usually feel exhauted and do not want to do anything except watching television to relax or having a meal and go to bed. Therefore, they can't take part in any kind of sports.

Secondly, I'd like to mention the change of ourselves, life seems to be easier and this makes us lazier. In addition, in the third contries, the lack of sport equipment also leads to this phenomenon. They don't have enough facilities so how can they play. Eventhough If they have sport facilities, the charge will be very expensive for them to take part in.

In conclusion, there are fewer and fewer people playing sports. Because playing sports can help people healthier so this situation can make some troubles for our society. Thus we should find out some measures to encourage people attend sport activities in order to reclaim this issue.

curmudgeon is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Retired English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: My little essay

Quote Originally Posted by kallang View Post
    Please, I need some comments. Thanks a lot.
    ------------------
    People today spend far more time watching sport than actually doing any themselves. What are the factors influencing this change?
    ------------------
    No one can deny the fact that people nowadays spend more time watching sport than playing it. In my opinion there are two reasons for this.

Firstly, there is a growing trend these days for people to prefer to be spectators than participants . By that I mean that, living in today's stressful world, people are constantly in a hurry and suffer from a high degree of stress and work hard for long hours. As a consequence, when they come home from the office or place of work, they feel exhausted and do not want to do anything except watch television, relax or have a meal and then go to bed. Therefore, they can't take part in any kind of sport or excercise.

Secondly, I would suggest that there are changes in our lifestyles. Life appears to be easier and this makes us lazy. Additionally, in the third world countries, there is a lack of sports equipment which contributes to this phenomenon. They do not have enough facilities so how can they play? Even if they had the facilities, the charges would be very expensive for them , which would discourage them from taking part.

In conclusion, it appears that there are fewer and fewer people involved in sports. Playing sports helps people to become healthier so this situation is becoming a problem for society. Therefore it is important that we should look at measures to encourage people to involve themselves in sporting activities in order to redress this issue.
    c