* Is this your national dress?I'm first year university student and now i'm preparing for my oral English test. Here are my drafts. Could you check them for me. Thanks in advance
1)about what you do in your free time
Whenever I have free time, I love to spend it watching TV, surfing the internet or hanging out with my friends.
- As the TV now has a cable network, it provides me with a variety of programmes. “MTV”, “Cartoon network”, “HBO” and “CNN” are my favorite channels. I think watching TV is not only a way to relax but also a way of gaining knowledge. I always listen carefully to the programme and take note of what I hear. Doing this helps me to improve my English listening skills and increase my vocabulary while at the same time have fun with my favorite programs.
- Surfing the internet also gives me a lot of pleasure. I can widen my knowledge by reading an e-newspaper or searching for a topic I'm interested in while at the same time listening to a song I've downloaded from the internet. I feel it makes the most of my free time.
- As I am now getting busier and busier, I don't always have time to chat with my friends, so when I do have free time I often spend that time with them. We will sit in our favorite place, talk about what we’ve done, complain about things and ask each other for advice on problems we may have. Then we’ll all go and eat our favorite food. Afterwards I always feel comfortable and ready to meet any difficulties.
2)about a typical day in your life
My day usually begins at 7 a.m. The first thing I do when I open my eyes is to turn on the TV to listen to “Xone FM” – my favorite music program, just to lighten up my day^^. Since my parents are always busy with work, It's usually left to me to prepare breakfast for my family. After doing some chores I start my studying day. As a university student I prefer learning on the computer. I usually read English e-newspapers for an hour or so, then search for some documents I need for my studies. The rest of the morning is taken up with reading books on certain subjects for school, such as math and economics, as I have lessons in the afternoon. At lunch time I often eat alone or occasionaly with my father. I go to school by bus with a friend. On the way to school we usually talk about our lessons. I try to make the most of my time at school by interacting with other students during lessons, doing research or reading documents. When I get home from the university, my evening is spent with my family. I help my mother in the kitchen which I like to do as it helps me learn how to prepare a good meal. After dinner time it's back to studying! . I find it more effective to study at home so I often do homework until late at night. Listening to a song I like before going to bed helps me to relax. I often go to bed at midnight or even later. However, I always try to make everyday different to make it interesting.
3)about the way you dress
Like many other girls I pay a lot of attention to fashion. To me, the way I dress is mainly influenced by 3 factors : music, film and my individual taste. I love rock and R’n’B music so I tend to choose sports clothes as my style. I often go to school wearing jeans with a T-shirt and sport shoes. I also prefer embroidered short-sleeved blouses and baggy pants. Wearing clothes that I like makes me feel comfortable, confident and more dynamic. I can study better and take part in school’s activities with energy and enthusiasm.
- Casual clothes, especially jeans and street or skate clothes are the most practical for outside school’s activities. I like baggy trousers and cartoon T-shirts along with a trucker hat. Unlike many girls I don't like wearing skirts so I don’t often have them in my wardrobe^^. Whenever I come across a new style I often mix my clothes to create a different one that I feel is more suitable for me. Simplicty, convenience and fashion are the things I keep in mind to help me choose clothes for outdoor activities.
- However, on some special occasions I have no choice but to dress more formally, so I select “ao dai”*. but I have had my dress modernized, which makes it both traditional and fashionable. I feel very proud whenever I wear it..
I think the way you dress partly reflects what you are. So I always choose clothes that are both comfortable and suitable for me.
I hope this helps, good luck