.My father was invited to an interview on 14 April 1996 and was accepted for entry to the United States with the condition that he was unaccompanied. My father asked to be accompanied by his eldest daughter as he had only recently been discharged from hospital, and, since his wife had not applied to join him in the program he needed someone to care for him. However, this request was rejected and my father was refused permission to take part in the program even though our family’s application was eligible.
Since that time, my father has passed away and four out of five children included in his application have settled down and married. I am now the only one that is left alone.
Recently, I was informed that the Humanitarian Resettlement program had been reintroduced, with a less stringent criteria. I made contact with the Consulate General of The United States in Saigon and received an application form.
On xyz day, I received a rejection letter outlining the reasons why I did not meet the acceptance criteria.
I am writing to The Consulate General of The United State to ask that my case be reconsidered for the following reasons:
1. My father was a former employee of CBS NEWS Television for seven years (that made my father eligible for the program in 1996)
2. At the time we submitted our application it was eligible, and to date my status remains the same. This makes it eligible according to the new regulations ratified by government of the United States.
3. Because of this, I was forced to leave my job in 1993 and have not been able to work for any state agency since.
4.Since my father’s application, my four siblings have settled and married and no longer wish to be involved in this program, while I myself still wish to proceed.
5. Now that both my parents have passed away, I wish to be considered again for engagement in this program, which is a compliance of my father’s will, and an acknowledgement of my father’s seven years working at CBS NEWS Television.
6. Many of my father's relatives have settled in the United State and I dearly wish to be to reunited with them.
Through this letter of request, I hope that my case will be taken into consideration and approved by the Refugee Resettlement Section (RRS) and Consulate General of The United Sates
Thankyou for your attention and I wish you good health.
Please correct it ASAP. Thanks in advance, teachers.
- For Teachers