Post Thanks / Like

Default A letter regarding US resettlement issue

My father was invited for an interview on 14 April 1996 and got accepted to go to the United Stated under the condition that no children were allowed to accompany. My father asked for the accompanying of his first daughter owing to the fact that he had just gone out of hospital. His wife did not apply for the program. Thus, my father needed someone accompanying to take care of him. However, this request was not accepted and my father refused to take part in the program although our family’s application was totally eligible.

Since then, my father has passed away and four out of five children included in my father’s application have got married and they all have stable lives. I was the only one that is still alone.

Recently, I was informed that the Humanitarian Resettlement program has been started again with easier criteria. I made contact with Consulate General of The United State in Saigon and has been granted application form.

On xyz day, I received a letter regarding my rejection for not meeting enough criteria.
    I am writing to Consulate General of The United State to ask for a reconsideration of my case for the following reasons:

1. My father was a former employee of CBS NEW Television for seven years (that made my father eligible for the program in 1996)

2. The time when we submitted our application was eligible and thus far, I have not got married. This was eligible according to the new regulation ratified by government of the United States.

3. For that above mentioned reason, I was forced to leave my job since 1993 and have not been able to work for any state agency.

4. According to my father’s application, my four siblings have stable lives and got married, no longer want to go for this program while I myself asked to go.

5. Given the fact that both my parents have passed away, I do hope for an approval of my engagement in this program which served as a compliance with my father’s will and an acknowledgement of my father’s seven year working at CBS NEW Television. My father’s relatives settled a lot in the United State and I do hope to reunite with my close relatives.

Through this letter, I hope that my case will be taken into account and finally approved by Refugee Resettlement Section (RRS) and Consulate General of The United Sates

Wish you good health and all the best.

Please correct it ASAP. Thanks in advance, teachers.

curmudgeon is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Retired English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: A letter regarding US resettlement issue

Quote Originally Posted by hookeba View Post
    My father was invited to an interview on 14 April 1996 and was accepted for entry to the United States with the condition that he was unaccompanied. My father asked to be accompanied by his eldest daughter as he had only recently been discharged from hospital, and, since his wife had not applied to join him in the program he needed someone to care for him. However, this request was rejected and my father was refused permission to take part in the program even though our family’s application was eligible.

Since that time, my father has passed away and four out of five children included in his application have settled down and married. I am now the only one that is left alone.

Recently, I was informed that the Humanitarian Resettlement program had been reintroduced, with a less stringent criteria. I made contact with the Consulate General of The United States in Saigon and received an application form.

On xyz day, I received a rejection letter outlining the reasons why I did not meet the acceptance criteria.

I am writing to The Consulate General of The United State to ask that my case be reconsidered for the following reasons:

1. My father was a former employee of CBS NEWS Television for seven years (that made my father eligible for the program in 1996)

2. At the time we submitted our application it was eligible, and to date my status remains the same. This makes it eligible according to the new regulations ratified by government of the United States.

3. Because of this, I was forced to leave my job in 1993 and have not been able to work for any state agency since.

4.Since my father’s application, my four siblings have settled and married and no longer wish to be involved in this program, while I myself still wish to proceed.

5. Now that both my parents have passed away, I wish to be considered again for engagement in this program, which is a compliance of my father’s will, and an acknowledgement of my father’s seven years working at CBS NEWS Television.

6. Many of my father's relatives have settled in the United State and I dearly wish to be to reunited with them.

Through this letter of request, I hope that my case will be taken into consideration and approved by the Refugee Resettlement Section (RRS) and Consulate General of The United Sates

Thankyou for your attention and I wish you good health.

Please correct it ASAP. Thanks in advance, teachers.
    Last edited by curmudgeon; 09-Jan-2007 at 18:44.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: A letter regarding US resettlement issue

Thank you very much, teacher.

curmudgeon is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Retired English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location: