• Tamil
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Learning Engish

Dear Sir/Madam,
    I am a Indian.I did all my schooling in Tamil medium(mother tonque).So I am not able to speak fluent English.But I have a lot of desire to speak good English.While speaking,I am getting into trouble quite often. Without English,I can not improve my career.I am still trying my level best.Please try to understand my condition,and give me your answer for my following questions.Just think,I am like one of your friend.

1.What are the techniques to keep on speaking English without any break?
    Note :1.I have known english grammar.
    2.I am not weak in vaccbulary also.
    2.What is the most common term to start sentences while speaking?

thanks,
    winston

Harry Smith is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Armenian
      • Home Country:
      • Armenia
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Learning Engish

Quote Originally Posted by winston View Post
    Dear Sir/Madam,
    I am a Indian.I did all my schooling in Tamil medium(mother tonque).So I am not able to speak fluent English.But I have a lot of desire to speak good English.While speaking,I am getting into trouble quite often. Without English,I can not improve my career.I am still trying my level best.Please try to understand my condition,and give me your answer for my following questions.Just think,I am like one of your friend.

thanks,
    winston
    First of all you have to read much. I mean you should do reading until you feel you can tell the others what the books are about. And if you have an English TV channel try to watch English films and listen to BBC and CNN news. At first it will be rather difficult but you mustn't give in.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Learning Engish

Quote Originally Posted by winston View Post
    Dear Sir/Madam,

thanks,
    winston
    Dear Winston,
    I am from your neighbour state, Kerala. I did my schooling in a Malayalam medium school. I am a Post graduate in English language and literature. I will tell you my secret.
    While I was doing my BA, I started reading English film magazines like Filmfare, Stardust etc. These have a lot of intreviews which are mostly in dialogue style. So, you can get the patterns of spoken English from them. I read them again and again and finally became familair with the spoken language. I also used to read a lot of other magazines that helped me improve my langauge. But, as for spoken language, interviews are the best. You can also listen to chat shows, and interviews in TV.

when you speak, don't think about grammar. when we speak in our mother tongue, we dont bother about sentence structure and grammar. it is just a flow of our thoughts. start speaking without any hesitation. and talk to your friends in that language. you will soon be a master.
    All the best

winston is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Tamil
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Re: Learning Engish

Hi Harry,
    Thank you very much for your suggestions.I surely believe that your advises would be useful for me.I will try to follow them. Thank you once more.

thanks
    winston

Hi Sandhya,
    I am very happy that you are from Trivandrum,which is in my neighbour state.I am originally from Kanyakumari presently residing at Chennai.Thank you very much for your excellent suggestions.I believe that they would be very useful for me certainly.Keep on giving suggestions in this manner.ok.

thanks
    winston