Cache is offline Junior Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Travelling by public transport

hi!

Please, correct this composition so that it has CAE's level

Thanks! ;)

My view on public transport in my country

How many times have you heard a passenger complaining about public transport? Argentines (Argentinians?) are particularly incensed by the antiquated condition of trains and buses. As long as the government ignores the need for modenisation, people will continue to suffer when travelling by public transport.

The majority of train travellers express the view that the rolling stock is old and outdated. One passenger, furious about the vehicles' condition, carried out a study to highlight the situation. It showed how passengers had travel in dilapidated, uncomfortable trains every day. Some trains have not been repaired for over ten years. When this was brought to the attention of the government, it immediately announced a modernisation programme and changes to the system.

Because of the condition of the trains, many people choose to use buses, but they also have problems and are in poor condition. Even though the government has promised improvements to the bus system, to date nothing has changed and people are still having to travel in poor conditions. Buses are crowded with people trying too get to their work or go to the university. It is clear Argentina need more buses, especially in crowded cities such as Buenos Aires and Cordoba. While the State do nothing to improve the conditions of buses, the community find they have no choice but to use buses. It is the cheapest form of travel, but at the cost of enduring a journey with many people crushed next to each other, without any spare space.

In summary, Trains are old-fashioned and buses overcrowded and no changes have been implemented to adress these issues, even though society asks despairingly for them. Despite this situation, the majority of people still use them as they have no choice. Whilst they are the cheapest way to travel, they do not provide a pleasant or comfortable journey..

You might want to add something about safety?
    Last edited by curmudgeon; 21-Jan-2007 at 13:00.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Travelling by public transport

Thanks curmudgeon :)

Why am I doing a LOT of mistakes? I get disappointed each time I read one of my composition :(
    Last edited by Cache; 21-Jan-2007 at 15:11.

curmudgeon is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Retired English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Do not be downhearted. I tend to 'over correct' sometimes using different phrases to put the same point. It's a matter of perseverance and most importantly cutting out the obvious errors as much as possible. You're doing fine, honest.

mraky is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by curmudgeon View Post
    Do not be downhearted. I tend to 'over correct' sometimes using different phrases to put the same point. It's a matter of perseverance and most importantly cutting out the obvious errors as much as possible. You're doing fine, honest.
    I have a little supplication. Could you put your corrections to the next post, so that the others can see the difference? In this way it helps only to Cache. Thanks

curmudgeon is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Retired English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mraky View Post
    I have a little supplication. Could you put your corrections to the next post, so that the others can see the difference? In this way it helps only to Cache. Thanks
    Yes, that is a good point. I will try and remember to do that in future.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by curmudgeon View Post

Thanks! :)

If you want to "over correct", go on, there is no problem. My English will never be as yours, you are a native, I am not :)

Thanks for correcting my composition. Please, keep on doing it :)

Thanks again :)