Number 4 should be "broken". The rest are correct.Originally Posted by raelynn
1. teacher's (singular possessive)1. The____ job was endangerd because he flogged a child.
teacher's ------- should the word be teacher' or teachers?
2. You must give two weeks noticed when you resign from a job.
Is the word weeks correct or should I use week's or weeks'?
3. We thought those books were the Smith's.
Is Smith's correct or should I use Smiths' or Smiths
2. There is diosagreement about this. The classic use is two weeks' notice, (plural possessive) but you will see other variations.
3. Because of the "the" before the name, Smiths is plural. Therefore it should be Smiths' or Smiths's. That depends on whether you would say smiths or smithses. Isuspect most would say the first.
- For Teachers