Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ielts Essay

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Ielts Essay

Some people believe they should keep all the money they have earned and should not pay tax to the state. Do you agree or disagree?

Paying taxes is nowadays a burden that not everybody is ready to bear, giving to the economic difficulties a family might face. As we all now though, giving money to the State is necessary as long as we want the primary services to work: healthcare, education, public transports etc.
    Even so, it is often hard for people to link the payment of the levy to the services that one is supposed to be provided with.
    Furthermore, some prefer to have their own private health assistance or prefer to send their children to school etc. so that the injustice is felt even more, since they will have to pay for services they will not be utilizing at all.
    Sometimes the injustice of having to pay is so obvious that people feel almost like a duty trying to evade taxes.
    Unfortunately, taxes will never be just because of the intrinsic impossibility of making the system work fairly.
    Indeed, every person is obliged to pay an amount of their income proportionate to the its level.
    That means that, if we take two people with the same level of income, even though one might not dispose of the services the State has provided him with, he pays as much as the other one who might have enjoyed and used satisfactorily the services cited above.
    It is clear how unfair such a system might be, but still I must disagree with the essay statement.
    Paying taxes is necessary to give every tax payer the opportunity of benefiting of very important services, it is then up to the single whether to take advantage of them or not.

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY RESPONSE

Tdol is online now Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Ielts Essay

This needs organising into paragraphs better:
    Even so, it is often hard for people to link the payment of the levy to the services that one is supposed to be provided with. (Wat's this doing on its own?)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tdol View Post
    Even so, it is often hard for people to link the payment of the levy to the services that one is supposed to be provided with. (Wat's this doing on its own?)
    I am afraid I did not understand what you mean with this last question.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a stray sentence on its own- the piece is disjointed because there are several paragraphsd, though I am not sure if the centre bit is one paragraph or a few with strange spacing. Basically, I would recommend not using one setnce paragraphs in such writing.

Post Thanks / Like

I got it, i will review my piece of writing and post it again,

thanks a lot

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

As a tip, I would recommend leaving some clear white space between paragraphs- it makes things look more organised from the moment someone starts reading.

Post Thanks / Like

Some people believe they should keep all the money they have earned and should not pay tax to the state. Do you agree or disagree?

Paying taxes is nowadays a burden that not everybody is ready to bear, giving to the economic difficulties a family might face. As we all now though, giving money to the State is necessary as long as we want the primary services to work: healthcare, education, public transports etc.

Even so, it is often hard for people to link the payment of the levy to the services that one is supposed to be provided with. Furthermore, some prefer to have their own private health assistance or prefer to send their children to school etc. so that the injustice is felt even more, since they will have to pay for services they will not be utilizing at all. Sometimes the injustice of having to pay is so obvious that people feel almost like a duty trying to evade taxes.

Unfortunately, taxes will never be just because of the intrinsic impossibility of making the system work fairly; indeed, every person is obliged to pay an amount of their income proportionate to the its level. That means that, if we take two people with the same level of income, even though one might not dispose of the services the State has provided him with, he pays as much as the other one who might have enjoyed and used satisfactorily the services cited above.

It is clear how unfair such a system might be, but still I must disagree with the essay statement.
    Paying taxes is necessary to give every tax payer the opportunity of benefiting of very important services, it is then up to the single whether to take advantage of them or not.

I HOPE YOU LIKE IT NOW

bhavika is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

hi
    i like ur eassy very much. pls send me a different situation's eassy.
    thanking u

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

As we all now though,- a letter missing?
    public transports- I'd say 'transport'
    send their children to school- doesn't this also need the 'private' qualification?
    feel almost like a duty- whle thing needs rephrasing- feel that evading taxes is almost a duty
    opportunity of benefiting of- sort the prepositions out
    to the single - the unmarried??

I like it much more now-a good piece.

Post Thanks / Like

Paying taxes is nowadays a burden that not everybody is ready to bear, giving to the economic difficulties a family might face. As we all know though, giving money to the State is necessary as long as we want the primary services to work: healthcare, education, public transports etc.

Even so, it is often hard for people to link the payment of the levy to the services that one is supposed to be provided with. Furthermore, some prefer to have their own private health assistance or prefer to send their children to private school etc. so that the injustice is felt even more, since they will have to pay for services they will not be utilizing at all. Sometimes the injustice of having to pay is so obvious that people feel that evading taxes is almost a duty

Unfortunately, taxes will never be just because of the intrinsic impossibility of making the system work fairly; indeed, every person is obliged to pay an amount of their income proportionate to the its level. That means that, if we take two people with the same level of income, even though one might not dispose of the services the State has provided him with, he pays as much as the other one who might have enjoyed and used satisfactorily the services cited above.

Paying taxes is necessary to give every tax payer the opportunity of benefiting from very important services, it is then up to the individual whether to take advantage of them or not.

THANKS A LOT FOR THE FEEDBACK!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast