• Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Cambodia
      • Current Location:
      • France
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help

hi,
    I think, we can speak english without knowing how to rea it, but reading is the best way for improving and understand it. right !

betty_pichi is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: For beginners

Quote Originally Posted by RonBee View Post
    I'm afraid I can't agree with that statement. Most people learn how to speak the language before they learn how to read or write English. Didn't you learn how to speak your native language before you learned how to read and write in it?

:)
    Hi, I'm betty, nice to meet you all, I joined this site just yesterday.
    I agree with RonBee, because I've been living this situation with my two nephews who were born in USA and still living there.
    My first purpose is to improve English language to be able to communicate with my relatives and their friends, but I can see the real difference in the way of learning between me and the children, the boy is four and the girl is only two, who are already able to understand and speak Italian - our mother tongue - English and Spanish too!

lyfen is offline Junior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Cambodia
      • Current Location:
      • France
    Post Thanks / Like

hi, by my mind, children are easier and quicker to acquire languages than adults,right! but if u have the chance to speak and practise it with native people , then u 'll be able to improve and speak it well either . bye .

ifrahsiddique is offline Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: Help

Dear Teacher,

Please can you tell me the correct meaning of this sentence I was born in a day but, I was never born last night...
    please tell me the correct meaning of this sentence, and please tell me how to use this sentence.

waiting for your reply...

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Cambodia
      • Current Location:
      • France
    Post Thanks / Like

hi, I know a site for practising english in writing with every kind of questions that u like : " blurtit.com " I always go there for pratising my english in writing. there is another way too for practising it, I mean try to correspond with people and listening which is important too even u know this word but if u never hear it speaking by someone then it sounds strange to u and u won't catch it in yr mind, so the more u learn then the more u get, it's evident , right ?

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Cambodia
      • Current Location:
      • France
    Post Thanks / Like

hi, about " I was born in a day but I was never born last night " I never hear it before so I dont quite understand as it 's an expression I think, by my mind it maybe means " I was born naturalluy but was never born in the special time or situation " .just hope someone who know it can explain to us. bye !

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Zhangjin

Here is some advice.

After a five-minute conversation with a Chinese friend, would you be able to repeat exactly everything you or your friend had said. I doubt it, but you would probably be able to recall what your friend had communicated, shared with you, that is, his or her ideas, opinions, feelings about various things. The words are only the messenger. Forget about the messenger. Focus on the message. When people speak to each other they don't communicate words, they communicate messages. Don't listen to the words. Don't read the words, Listen to what the other person is telling you in speech or writing.

If you try to understand every word you hear or read in English, you will be too busy to follow the meaning. Take care of the meaning and the words will take care of themselves.

How did you learn your own language? Not by memorizing lists of words, I'm sure.

Fred O'Hanlon

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Cambodia
      • Current Location:
      • France
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi I agree with learning how to speak before reading and writing a language as some of the native who could only speak but didn't know how to write correctly too, so the main of native people is to listening , then for learning other languages is the same listening and speaking is very important.

yeng23 is offline Junior Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Help

i agree to the suggestion of Tdol and Beergum??watever?
    if u can't write journals and articles so well my teacher said that in writing journals you will always write what is in ur mind! first write it in a scratch paper then see some corrections and wrong grammar then write the correct words in ur original paper! and it is nice when the words in the article is colorful meaning u make the words meaningful and nice to hear that the readers will not feel sleepy! In speaking, u should always watch t.v or read some books or whatever then u will not only read with ur mind but also read with ur mouth to improve ur speaking skills!

hope u learn something!

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Cambodia
      • Current Location:
      • France
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi there are several ways to improve english they are : speaking, listening, reading and writing we must try to do these four steps then we would achieve.
    as we should speak to what we want to express, listen to people who speak and try to understand what they mean, reading the books ,magasines, or news paper,,,,,etc and write messages , letter or make the correspondences with people.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast