• Post Thanks / Like

What publisher would you go to?

What publisher would you go to if you had invented an absolutely effective, almost instant way to learn / teach how to spell, read and write in English, to make it web available for ESL teachers and students alike? This method of mine, that I named Instanglish, is with no exaggeration a real breakthrough. It is by far the easiest, fastest and simplest way to achieve those goals.

So, what publisher would go to get it published, help all parties involved, and make you rich –and maybe famous– in the process. I could frankly dispense with the fame, if any.

Let me hasten to add that I am willing to share profits with the ones of you who give me effective leads. Express my thanks with a generous finder’s fee.

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: What publisher would you go to?

Instanglish......... an expressive name ;is it a mixture between instant and English?, from what you said I'm exciting to know this new approach because it seems to be very effective in learning English. Good luck

• Post Thanks / Like

Not easy to advise as it will depend on what exactly is in your programme. Start here for a list of publishers, if you hope to see it in print:

AAA EFL Links: Publications & Software/Publishers

If you want it to be solely web-based, then either have and run your own website, or seek advice from someone who has already done something similar. Beware - it is not easy to make a fortune from publishing!

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Armenian
      • Home Country:
      • Armenia
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abiojo View Post
    What publisher would you go to if you had invented an absolutely effective, almost instant way to learn / teach how to spell, read and write in English, to make it web available for ESL teachers and students alike? This method of mine, that I named Instanglish, is with no exaggeration a real breakthrough. It is by far the easiest, fastest and simplest way to achieve those goals.

So, what publisher would go to get it published, help all parties involved, and make you rich –and maybe famous– in the process. I could frankly dispense with the fame, if any.

Let me hasten to add that I am willing to share profits with the ones of you who give me effective leads. Express my thanks with a generous finder’s fee.
    It doesn't matter where to go. It's very important to have something really worth publishing. Then any publisher will be glad to you.

• Post Thanks / Like

Thank you to all of you for your kind and prompt answers. I will keep you posted.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Armenian
      • Home Country:
      • Armenia
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by abiojo View Post
    Thank you to all of you for your kind and prompt answers. I will keep you posted.
    You are welcome!

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Japan

• Post Thanks / Like

How do you know it is absolutely effective? To make such a claim would involve widescale sampling in many different countries with control tests to produce the data required to prove this. You may believe in the method, but I would advise you to get someone to attack you mercilessly first before you take a sales pitch like that to publishers. I could stack up the number of wonder methods that have come and gone- Superlearning, Simplified English, spelling reforms, etc. There a person in France trying to promote 'Globish' at the moment.

If you do have such a method, then publishers will be fighting to get to you, but don't expect them to pay much attention if you approach them with these claims. I don't want to sound cynical, but they are unlikely to be excited by such claims- the universal effective method of learning languages is the Holy Grail of ESL, but many have made the claim before. I would focus on being able to demontsrate this so clearly that the most cynical cannot but agree with you. I am far from certain that such a method exists, but have not closed my mind completely to the possibility. However, nothing you have said so far convinces me- only hard evidence that I could not ignore would make me believe- could you convince me? I'd imagine that many in publishing will be similar. No claim, no phrase could move me- it's proof that would.