Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: No school, No Future, No English

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-ox View Post
    Blackboard is already a history and soon students will be able to see it in museums!!!!! Blackboard has been replaced by Whiteboard on which the students write not with chalks but with markers. At least in my country many blackboards have been replaced by these whiteboards. These whiteboards are much more practical as we do not get dirty with that unhealthy chalks, and easier to clean it.
    In China, Japan, and South Korean, at least in the public schools and most universities, chalkboards are still being used. There are some whiteboards, in the newer schools, but if the boards aren't cleaned regularly the markers leave a crud-like substance on the board, on the rail, and on your hands. Breathing in that crud is not good for your health; in fact, a few lecturers I know have mentioned they feel asthmatic around the crud. Whiteboards might look prettier than blackboards but their upkeep is expensive; e.g., the price of those smelly markers, not to mention you have to use a special liquid to clean the boards; water doesn't work and other cleaning goods strip the board of its film.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with everything you said casiopea about blackboard , because in my country we still use it , the white board exists also , but the blackboard is still the most common because of the reasons which you mention.
    thank you.

Post Thanks / Like

harry , i think the thread is on the right way and all your expectations about it come true , it seems that you can predict the future

Good luck

Harry Smith is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Armenian
      • Home Country:
      • Armenia
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huda23 View Post
    harry , i think the thread is on the right way and all your expectations about it come true , it seems that you can predict the future

Good luck
    I think schools are becoming more important and there will be great demand of teachers in future. So the future is ours!

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't been on for a while, since the server has apparently been having problems.

In answer to your question re: teacher salaries, the most recent data available seems to be for 2003-04. Nationallly, the reported average salary in that period was USD 45,000.

There are some things of interest. Although a great deal of money has been thrown at public education, through the Federal "No Child Left Behind" Act, the overall results have been limited at best. National standardized tests show that for all grades, performance competencies have remained largely flat since tests first began in the early 1970s. The greatest improvement has been mde by African Americans, while those of Hispanic origin have stayed flat or declined.

If you have further questions about educational problems in the U.S., please let me know. I have access to a lot of data, and will be happy to address any issues of interest to you.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Armenian
      • Home Country:
      • Armenia
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SSteffin View Post
    Haven't been on for a while, since the server has apparently been having problems.

In answer to your question re: teacher salaries, the most recent data available seems to be for 2003-04. Nationallly, the reported average salary in that period was USD 45,000.

There are some things of interest. Although a great deal of money has been thrown at public education, through the Federal "No Child Left Behind" Act, the overall results have been limited at best. National standardized tests show that for all grades, performance competencies have remained largely flat since tests first began in the early 1970s. The greatest improvement has been mde by African Americans, while those of Hispanic origin have stayed flat or declined.

If you have further questions about educational problems in the U.S., please let me know. I have access to a lot of data, and will be happy to address any issues of interest to you.
    Hi!
    It's really a very high salary. If I got half of it I'd be the happiest man in the world. Though while working at school I never think of the money. The teachers in Moscow have an average salary of $3000 a year. And what about the time? How long do teachers stay at school in the USA?
    Last edited by Harry Smith; 09-Aug-2007 at 17:22.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Armenian
      • Home Country:
      • Armenia
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

School year is coming to its end. Teachers are planning their summer holidays. Any ideas?

Post Thanks / Like

hi Harry , yes all the teachers are planning for their summer holiday except me because i will finish my exams by the end of june and after that by GOD's willing, i will work on my MA paper until December , so i think i will have dull plans for summer .I wish a happy holiday to you and to all the teachers but plz remember that somewhere there are other teachers who suffer like me and won't have a holiday

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Armenian
      • Home Country:
      • Armenia
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, Huda!
    I wish you good luck in passing your exams and also a lot of fun in summer. Remember if you don't have a rest you won't succeed in your exams. Cheers!
    H.S.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Armenian
      • Home Country:
      • Armenia
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

School will begin soon and I'd like to know if you hope to see any changes in the system of Education in your country this year.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast