Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: No school, No Future, No English

hi Harry, all what i wish for Egypt's Educational system next year is that : theory turn to be practice ; there are many many researches about English's methodology , new teaching aids and many wonderful ideas and all these ideas are only on paper since years , in any M.A or P.H.D research , there are results and recomendations and suggestions for further sudies , so researchers can have million if ideas and they adopt it , but theoritically , in my university , there are many great ideas , my collegues , although they are still young , but they make researches which are very great , but what will be the future of these researches , it will be on a very clean shelf in any library and it will always be on paper only .really my heart brokes when i saw an effort which lasts for months and years (day and night) turned to be just a paper.

i wish to be wrong

Harry Smith is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Armenian
      • Home Country:
      • Armenia
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huda23 View Post
    hi Harry, all what i wish for Egypt's Educational system next year is that : theory turn to be practice ; there are many many researches about English's methodology , new teaching aids and many wonderful ideas and all these ideas are only on paper since years , in any M.A or P.H.D research , there are results and recomendations and suggestions for further sudies , so researchers can have million if ideas and they adopt it , but theoritically , in my university , there are many great ideas , my collegues , although they are still young , but they make researches which are very great , but what will be the future of these researches , it will be on a very clean shelf in any library and it will always be on paper only .really my heart brokes when i saw an effort which lasts for months and years (day and night) turned to be just a paper.

i wish to be wrong
    I'm sure you are wrong. I was thinking like you many years ago(30 years). I was waiting that some people in the ministry of Education should do it. And I was mistaken. I decided to do everything myself. And I succeeded in it. Very soon I had a very good classroom for my classes, a rich library and a lot of enthusiasts who helped me in my struggle. So my advice to you and all the others who wait for someone to make changes. Don't wait! Act today! Do something to help yourself. Cheers! I'm sure you can do it.

jargon_dudette is offline Member
    Post Thanks / Like

one thing i can say that will never change in the future are teachers and books. As one of my professors said "THE BEST VISUAL AID IS THE TEACHER HER/HIMSELF".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    I'm sure you are wrong. I was thinking like you many years ago(30 years). I was waiting that some people in the ministry of Education should do it. And I was mistaken. I decided to do everything myself. And I succeeded in it. Very soon I had a very good classroom for my classes, a rich library and a lot of enthusiasts who helped me in my struggle. So my advice to you and all the others who wait for someone to make changes. Don't wait! Act today! Do something to help yourself. Cheers! I'm sure you can do it.
    Thank you Harry , you always support me , you are my first and last teacher , i try to be a better teacher but the most constraint which i face is time ( class period is 40 minutes ) and i don't have time to do all the things which i wish my students to learn . how you come over time Harry , plz tell me .

bianca is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • Swedish
      • Home Country:
      • Sweden
      • Current Location:
      • Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jargon_dudette View Post
    As one of my professors said "THE BEST VISUAL AID IS THE TEACHER HER/HIMSELF".
    what if he is ugly?

There is really no limit to the field of visual and auditory aids available for teaching English.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Armenian
      • Home Country:
      • Armenia
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Harry , you always support me , you are my first and last teacher , i try to be a better teacher but the most constraint which i face is time ( class period is 40 minutes ) and i don't have time to do all the things which i wish my students to learn . how you come over time Harry , plz tell me .
    Hi, Huda!
    I was waiting for this question to come. You ask me what I do when I can't manage to teach all the material I"ve planned. Here there are two solutions: either you shouldn't plan so much or you should plan too many things to teach. I usually choose the second and I always plan a lot of things to teach my students. When I don't manage(of course I can't manage that much) I never worry. I always know it's not my last lesson with them and we can learn the rest of the material during the following lessons. You see how easy the process of teaching is when you are patient and you know what you are doing. Any time of the day and night I'm ready to help you improve your teaching practice. Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    Hi, Huda!
    I was waiting for this question to come. You ask me what I do when I can't manage to teach all the material I"ve planned. Here there are two solutions: either you shouldn't plan so much or you should plan too many things to teach. I usually choose the second and I always plan a lot of things to teach my students. When I don't manage(of course I can't manage that much) I never worry. I always know it's not my last lesson with them and we can learn the rest of the material during the following lessons. You see how easy the process of teaching is when you are patient and you know what you are doing. Any time of the day and night I'm ready to help you improve your teaching practice. Cheers!
    Thank you Harry, i wish that i could be like you , to be a real teacher like you ,you really pressure on the wound ; the problem is that i'm really not patient in teaching , i want to finish the lesson soon and then i relaxed and begin exercises , you know what is the reason ? the reason is :this is my first year in teaching , level of students were very low , do you believe that 5th or 6th grade in primary school doesn't know English lettere !, i was depressed , i begin a step by step with them and the result was what , an English's inspector come to me and say why are you late from the schedule , you seem to be unfit
    he doesn't care for their level or what i did with them , he cares for the schedule
    of course i still explain well to them , but sometimes , to be honest , i feel tired and depressed and i become unpatient , really i'm sensitive and his words affect me
    what is the criteria , to be with the schedule and students go to hell , or to care more for them and it doesn't matter the schedule
    really i want to know how to balance that
    tell plz
    Last edited by huda23; 11-Aug-2007 at 15:01.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Armenian
      • Home Country:
      • Armenia
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

[quote=huda23;198943]Thank you Harry, i wish that i could be like you , to be a real teacher like you ,you really pressure on the wound ; the problem is that i'm really not patient in teaching , i want to finish the lesson soon and then i relaxed and begin exercises , you know what is the reason ? the reason is :this is my first year in teaching , level of students were very low , do you believe that 5th or 6th grade in primary school doesn't know English lettere !, i was depressed , i begin a step by step with them and the result was what , an English's inspector come to me and say why are you late from the schedule , you seem to be unfit
    he doesn't care for their level or what i did with them , he cares for the schedule
    of course i still explain well to them , but sometimes , to be honest , i feel tired and depressed and i become unpatient , really i'm sensitive and his words affect me
    what is the criteria , to be with the schedule and students go to hell , or to care more for them and it doesn't matter the schedule
    really i want to know how to balance that

I always do what is good for my students and never pay attention to what those inspectors say. I'm the kind of person who always tries to enjoy everything I do. If I have to do something in order to please somebody I won't do it. Of course you are young and you think you can't explain those inpectors in the Ministry of Education what really the matter is. But you should try. Last year you had to tell the Principal of your school why you couldn't work according to the schedule. And when the inspector came your Principal would support you. Anyway don't be afraid of making discussions when you feel you are right. Listen to your heart while teaching and your heart will tell you how to act in different situations. I'm with you. Cheers!

Post Thanks / Like

I always do what is good for my students and never pay attention to what those inspectors say. I'm the kind of person who always tries to enjoy everything I do. If I have to do something in order to please somebody I won't do it. Of course you are young and you think you can't explain those inpectors in the Ministry of Education what really the matter is. But you should try. Last year you had to tell the Principal of your school why you couldn't work according to the schedule. And when the inspector came your Principal would support you. Anyway don't be afraid of making discussions when you feel you are right. Listen to your heart while teaching and your heart will tell you how to act in different situations. I'm with you. Cheers![/QUOTE]

Tjank you Harry for your useful advice , i will try to talk with the principal , try only , and i wish to get a response , you know i think also about another solution which is homework club , they will be enough time but more effort as i think , what do you think ?
    will i tell the principal about that? or just drop the idea
    will i bear that?
    i don't know
    i need your advice , tell me

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Armenian
      • Home Country:
      • Armenia
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

I always do what is good for my students and never pay attention to what those inspectors say. I'm the kind of person who always tries to enjoy everything I do. If I have to do something in order to please somebody I won't do it. Of course you are young and you think you can't explain those inpectors in the Ministry of Education what really the matter is. But you should try. Last year you had to tell the Principal of your school why you couldn't work according to the schedule. And when the inspector came your Principal would support you. Anyway don't be afraid of making discussions when you feel you are right. Listen to your heart while teaching and your heart will tell you how to act in different situations. I'm with you. Cheers!
    Tjank you Harry for your useful advice , i will try to talk with the principal , try only , and i wish to get a response , you know i think also about another solution which is homework club , they will be enough time but more effort as i think , what do you think ?
    will i tell the principal about that? or just drop the idea
    will i bear that?
    i don't know
    i need your advice , tell me[/quote]

Do what your heart tells you. Sometimes it's the best way to solve problems.
    cheers, Huda!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast