Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Anonymous Guest

    Default Congratulations to RonBee

    Yes! Congratulations to RonBee for breaking the record by posting over 5,000 mesages to the learners of English thoroughout the world. You are the first one to post the answer when there is a question.Perhaps, one of this day, I would like to invite you to visit my beautiful country ( somewhere in Asia ). I would also like to extend my invitation to the rest of Usingenglish Forum members to visit my country in the near future. All of you are great teachers and webmasters (red and tdol ). I do hope that this forum will remain forever. This is the best way for learners of English to learn and share ideas. We can't get this type of forum in classrooms! No way.

    Have all of you been to any country in Asia ? Have you ever tasted a mouth-watering Asian cuisine ? or Do you like to go jungle trekking in thick and verdant tropical jungle to get rid of boredom, stress or boredom ?

    Once again, congratulations to all the teachers and webmasters of Usingenglish forum.

  2. #2
    Hong Kong Chinese Guest

    Default

    Vow, I didn’t believe it – 5,000 postings!
    Sir Ronbee – you must be the most hard-working bees who can break a “geanius” Record – I can’t spell it right! What a regret!

  3. #3
    RonBee's Avatar
    RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    16,571
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Congratulations to RonBee

    Quote Originally Posted by Asian student
    Yes! Congratulations to RonBee for breaking the record by posting over 5,000 mesages to the learners of English thoroughout the world. You are the first one to post the answer when there is a question.Perhaps, one of this day, I would like to invite you to visit my beautiful country ( somewhere in Asia ). I would also like to extend my invitation to the rest of Usingenglish Forum members to visit my country in the near future. All of you are great teachers and webmasters (red and tdol ). I do hope that this forum will remain forever. This is the best way for learners of English to learn and share ideas. We can't get this type of forum in classrooms! No way.

    Have all of you been to any country in Asia ? Have you ever tasted a mouth-watering Asian cuisine ? or Do you like to go jungle trekking in thick and verdant tropical jungle to get rid of boredom, stress or boredom ?

    Once again, congratulations to all the teachers and webmasters of Usingenglish forum.
    I couldn't help but notice the title of this thread. It certainly got my attention. :wink:

    Thanks for the kudos. Unfortunately, because I must sleep I can't be the first every time. Also, I sometimes get it wrong.

    I do my best though, and the people whom I have tried to help seem to think I am doing some good. :D

    Thanks for the post. Unfortunately, you didn't mention the name of your country. How can I visit it if I don't know its name?

    Please post again. Tell us a little about yourself. Do you want me to offer corrections to your posts?

    :)

  4. #4
    RonBee's Avatar
    RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    16,571
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hong Kong Chinese
    Vow, I didn’t believe it – 5,000 postings!
    Sir Ronbee – you must be the most hard-working bees who can break a “geanius” Record – I can’t spell it right! What a regret!
    It's genius (not that I am one).

    (Technically, I didn't break a record, though I did set one, but it keeps changing.)

    May I give you a compliment? I think you have put up some of the most interesting posts I have seen.

    :D

  5. #5
    Tdol is offline Editor, UsingEnglish.com
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    42,773
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Congratulations to RonBee

    Quote Originally Posted by Asian student
    Yes! Congratulations to RonBee for breaking the record by posting over 5,000 mesages to the learners of English thoroughout the world. You are the first one to post the answer when there is a question.Perhaps, one of this day, I would like to invite you to visit my beautiful country ( somewhere in Asia ). I would also like to extend my invitation to the rest of Usingenglish Forum members to visit my country in the near future. All of you are great teachers and webmasters (red and tdol ). I do hope that this forum will remain forever. This is the best way for learners of English to learn and share ideas. We can't get this type of forum in classrooms! No way.

    Have all of you been to any country in Asia ? Have you ever tasted a mouth-watering Asian cuisine ? or Do you like to go jungle trekking in thick and verdant tropical jungle to get rid of boredom, stress or boredom ?

    Once again, congratulations to all the teachers and webmasters of Usingenglish forum.
    I am relocating to Asia in the autumn.

  6. #6
    MikeNewYork's Avatar
    MikeNewYork is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    13,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RonBee
    Quote Originally Posted by Hong Kong Chinese
    Vow, I didn’t believe it – 5,000 postings!
    Sir Ronbee – you must be the most hard-working bees who can break a “geanius” Record – I can’t spell it right! What a regret!
    It's genius (not that I am one).

    (Technically, I didn't break a record, though I did set one, but it keeps changing.)

    May I give you a compliment? I think you have put up some of the most interesting posts I have seen.

    :D
    You are being characteristically humble, but you have really done a great job building this forum up to what it is.

  7. #7
    RonBee's Avatar
    RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    16,571
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Thanks a bunch, Mike!


  8. #8
    MikeNewYork's Avatar
    MikeNewYork is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    13,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RonBee
    Thanks a bunch, Mike!

    No problem, mate.

Similar Threads

  1. Congratulations to RonBee
    By Red5 in forum News and Announcements
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 21-Jul-2006, 09:03
  2. To Ronbee
    By Anonymous in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-Oct-2003, 21:35

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •