Post Thanks / Like

Default time, world of the theatre

Later that year I got a job as an entertainer, and suddenly I knew this was the career I had been searching for. The world of the theatre was far removed from the world of Jabcob Kominiski(my father), the tailor, yet I found myself returning to him time and again, for the same reason his cronies did.

What does `time' refer to in this sentence?

Also, what does `world of the theatre' mean in this sentence?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: time, world of the theatre

Quote Originally Posted by user_gary View Post
    Later that year I got a job as an entertainer, and suddenly I knew this was the career I had been searching for. The world of the theatre was far removed from the world of Jabcob Kominiski(my father), the tailor, yet I found myself returning to him time and again, for the same reason his cronies did.

What does `time' refer to in this sentence?

Also, what does `world of the theatre' mean in this sentence?
    First, you should see time and again as a phrase, and it means time after time, times without number, repeatedly.

Second, without further context, answering your next question will be like a shot in the dark:

Because the speaker ( I ) mentioned in the former part of the line that he/she got a job as an entertainer, so I presume the world of the theater refers to the speaker's field of work, i.e. the world of stage or movie theater or something.