asad hussain is offline Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default One final look please!!!

Hi,
    Is the following passage grammatically correct, and does it look good?

The poet walks the countryside alone imagining himself adrift. Then the reverie is broken by the sight of the daffodils caught in the gentle wind and the flowers appear to him to have taken on the form of lively dancers. This shock captures his spirits and he views the scene as a 'host', welcoming and uplifting. The daffodils seem to be as numerous as the stars that shine in the sky. They stretch endlessly along the shore, and though the waves of the lake dance beside the flowers, the daffodils overshadow the water in glee. The poet can’t help but be happy in such a joyful company of flowers. He stares and stares, but doesn’t realize what wealth the scene will bring him.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: One final look please!!!

The poet walks alone in the countryside, imagining himself adrift. Then the reverie is broken by the sight of the daffodils caught in the gentle wind and the flowers appear to him to have taken on the form of lively dancers. This unexpected sight (I wouldn't use the word 'shock') captures his spirits and he looks at length at the scene, welcoming and uplifting. The daffodils seem to be as numerous as the stars that shine in the sky. They stretch endlessly along the shore, and though the waves of the lake dance beside the flowers, the daffodils outdo the dancing waves in happiness. The poet canít help but be happy in such a joyful company of flowers. He stares and stares, but doesnít realize what wealth the scene would bring him in later years, when the memory of the daffodils would fill him with joy in moments of solitude.
    What do you think?
    N.B. I am NOT an English teacher.

asad hussain is offline Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: One final look please!!!

Many thanks for taking some of your precious time out, and helping me, Queen.