Results 1 to 4 of 4
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Tamil
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

    • Join Date: Jan 2007
    • Posts: 243
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #1

    I am supposed.....

    I am supposed to ...........
    I was supposed to ............
    In which situations can I use "I am supposed to" and "I was supposed to"?
    Please explain with some examples.


    • Join Date: Jan 2007
    • Posts: 289
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #2

    Re: I am supposed.....

    Quote Originally Posted by winston View Post
    I am supposed to ...........
    I was supposed to ............
    In which situations can I use "I am supposed to" and "I was supposed to"?
    Please explain with some examples.
    I'm not supposed to answer this queston of yours, but I'd love to.
    Yet, I was supposed to go to work yesterday, and I had no choice but to.

  1. queenbu's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • Maltese
      • Home Country:
      • Malta
      • Current Location:
      • Italy

    • Join Date: Mar 2006
    • Posts: 1,026
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #3

    Re: I am supposed.....

    Well, I guess the only difference is that one is in the present and the other is in the past.
    e.g.
    I am supposed to go to school every day.
    I was supposed to go to school yesterday.

    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Tamil
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

    • Join Date: Jan 2007
    • Posts: 243
    • Post Thanks / Like
    #4

    Re: I am supposed.....

    Quote Originally Posted by piousoul View Post
    I'm not supposed to answer this queston of yours, but I'd love to.
    Quote Originally Posted by piousoul View Post
    Yet, I was supposed to go to work yesterday, and I had no choice but to.


    Really, you have given a wonderful example for first case.
    thank you so much.

    Quote Originally Posted by queenbu View Post
    Well, I guess the only difference is that one is in the present and the other is in the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by queenbu View Post
    e.g.
    I am supposed to go to school every day.
    I was supposed to go to school yesterday.


    Thanks a lot Queen!


Similar Threads

  1. up to , I was kinda supposed to...
    By zeppy in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 17-Sep-2007, 22:25
  2. is/was supposed
    By chum in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 25-Jan-2007, 16:18
  3. supposed to
    By ran05 in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-Aug-2006, 12:26
  4. Supposed
    By jack in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-Feb-2005, 13:34
  5. supposed to
    By Unregistered in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 29-Dec-2004, 01:47

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •