Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hong Kong Chinese Guest

Dear Jiang, (It means river in Chinese)

Please let me break in!

Disagreement or agreement is no big deal and the model answers are not always correct especially if you are using English books published in China. But through the zealous experts and passionate English teachers here discussing on your questions point by point, you will learn something day by day. I’d say you can learn more here than in your classroom. Furthermore, it is all free!

I wish you good luck!

jiang is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much for your encouragement. English education in Hong Kong must be much better than here ( I guess you are from Hong Kong from your name). Our problem is that you always try to find a correct answer faced with exercise books.

Best wishes,

Jiang
    Quote Originally Posted by Hong Kong Chinese

Please let me break in!

Disagreement or agreement is no big deal and the model answers are not always correct especially if you are using English books published in China. But through the zealous experts and passionate English teachers here discussing on your questions point by point, you will learn something day by day. Id say you can learn more here than in your classroom. Furthermore, it is all free!

I wish you good luck!

MikeNewYork is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

[quote="jiang"]Thank you very much for your encouragement. English education in Hong Kong must be much better than here ( I guess you are from Hong Kong from your name). Our problem is that you always try to find a correct answer faced with exercise books.

Best wishes,

Jiang
    I encourage you to continue looking for the right answers. Understand, however, that in many cases, word choice is a matter of individual preference. :wink:

jiang is offline Key Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank for your encouragement and advice. I'll continue looking for the right answers. But sometimes there are mistakes in this type of exercises. So I sincerely thank you all teachers. Without your warm help study would be much much difficult. And it's true most of us lose marks in vocabulary section.

Best wishes,

Jiang

[quote="MikeNewYork"]
    Quote Originally Posted by jiang
    Thank you very much for your encouragement. English education in Hong Kong must be much better than here ( I guess you are from Hong Kong from your name). Our problem is that you always try to find a correct answer faced with exercise books.

Best wishes,

Jiang
    I encourage you to continue looking for the right answers. Understand, however, that in many cases, word choice is a matter of individual preference. :wink:

MikeNewYork is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jiang
    Thank for your encouragement and advice. I'll continue looking for the right answers. But sometimes there are mistakes in this type of exercises. So I sincerely thank you all teachers. Without your warm help study would be much much difficult. And it's true most of us lose marks in vocabulary section.

Best wishes,

Jiang
    You're very welcome. We will be here to help you. :wink:

Hong Kong Chinese Guest

Default Mr Jiang, My earnest advice!

Mr Jiang,

In fact our educational system is no better than that of China.
    However, we have two English TV channels airing programmes in English and we do have a relayed BBC programmes which are broadcasted around the clock.

As far as far I know, from the educational standpoints, reciting is the best ways to learn another foreign language, but most students find it this process boring.

I learnt my oral English by visiting pubs (bars) and talked with English speakers all the time.

In order to enhancing your comprehension, reading the popular fictions in the market is important. You cannot run before you walk, Right?

There are plenty resources on learning English in Hong Kong. Hong Kong libraries have many books on English.

Finally, one must interest in English before one can master it.

Ok, I think that this link will help you by spending sometime every day visiting there.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learningenglish/

Good Luck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12